Team Integra Forums banner

Security System:

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  scobe021 
#1 ·
I just bought my very own integra and i want to put a relatively cheap security system in it. Can you guys recommend a system to me and the best place to put it in?

Thanks

Headcouncil

#10 ·
I have the viper 600, not sure what is different about it. i have the backup battery and every optional sensor they made. its been pretty good to me exept the shock sensor could be a little more sensitive. the adjustment screw on the sensor itself is as sensitive as it goes, maybe its where it is mounted. anyone know what the best spot to mount it is under your dash?

#13 ·
quiksilver on Aug/04/02 said:
the idea is awesome, thats what I was originaly looking for, but I have never heard of the company, that kind of worries me. If only viper or clifford made one like that...
viper is making one rite now as we speak...it should be hittin circuit city soon....or any other place that carries viper....its gonna be the viper 650 i believe or something like that...but it comes with a pager to alert u on whats going on.....i wish the 800 had it..=) oh well...

#14 ·
man, I had circuit city install a viper alarm on my jeep, the thing was crap.. a bug landing on the rear bumper would set off the alarm, but you could beat the hell out of the car and it would never go off.. Also, I dont know if this is common with circuit city and alarms, but I put a new clutch in my jeep myself, and I was airly busy with schooland stuff at the time, so it sat for a while.. while it sat, I lost both alarm remotes (I had lost one long before) and when I went to reattach the battery cable (had it diconnected to remove the starter) the alarm wouldnt stop going off.. so I call up circuit citys roadshop.. and said, 'I need to know how to disable my alarm', they asked what kind, I said viper, they sad, look under the dash for this color wire with a fuze, remove the fuze, itll work.. so, they told me how to disable the alarms, over the phone, no questions asked.. Just seems a bit like a false sense of security to me..

#17 ·
first thing tomorrow: GET AN AUTOLOCK. second, get an alarm. i really dont think it matters which, as long as it has a lifetime warranty, works somewhat reliably, and has the options you want. i happen to have the viper500esp (200installed with hood/trunk pins) and wish i had gotten the one with the remote start as i want that badly now and its gonna cost like 100. good luck

#18 ·
with the paging system, dei DOES make own. (dei being the manufactor of the viper and others...) it doesnt have that lcd remote, but it does have the same features of paging you when something is happening. it looks like a really small pager you would wear on your belt. its really cool, i would get one, but money is being allocated elsewhere....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.