Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem: When I stop quickly or abruptly at low speeds, I hear a slight knock and my suspension feels strange, almost like something is loose.

Setup: Koni SP2 Yellow sport shocks, Ground control coilover sleeves with 430f 350r spring rates, Skunk2 front Pro UCA's and rear Skunk2 UCA's for camber kits.

Everything is aligned as of 2 weeks ago.

Possible answer to problem: When stopping, the coilover sleeve is moving and knocking its top against the shock tower. The sleeve is only contacting the shock body by a 2cm plastic insert (koni specific, by ground control), so this makes some sense, although sketchy.

Possible solution to possible problem: Fill the 1cm space between the sleeves and shocks with silicon, expanding foam, electrical tape (which would require removal of shocks -- not an option at this time), or something else. I'm a poor college student, so I don't want to have to get another alignment.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm. i checked them out, and they were completely solid, so thats not the problem.

However, i noticed rub marks from the UCA's on the front and back on the inside of the shock tower... i guess im too slammed! I'll have to raise it up a bit to fix the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.