Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 95 GS-R and I was wondering what the leather front seats weigh. Does anyone know exactly or close to? I am not going to try to save weight, I was just curious because I am getting racing seats, both driver and passenger seats, and I was wondering what weight I would lose from them. Again I am not trying to reduce the Teg's weight just curious about it. I love the look of a red seated black tegs going by like in NOPI.

·
Registered
455 Posts
back seat doesnt weight anything its just a bunch of foam and cloth with a piece of thin metal for backing,id guess maybe 8-10lbs

·
Registered
51 Posts
The bottom part weighs 4 lbs and each seat back weighs 10 LBS....also that little privacy cover for the trunk weighs 8 lbs. Those big plastic covers on the sides (from the trunk to the door) onlys weigh 4 lbs each. I still gotta put those back in. The weight savings doesn't make up for the uglyness of my car now without them. I think the only things worth taking out are the backs of the seats @ 10 Lbs each and the cargo cover @ 8 lbs. Everything else in there is suprisingly light. Taking out everything behind the front seats on reduced 50 LBS. That every bolt, windshield wiper motor, third brake light, seats, seat belts, cover. Ok so I didn't count the spare and jake and stuff because I took all that out a long time ago and don't know where they went so I can't weigh them.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Hey, 98turbors, if ya keep going you can do an article on what everything weighs in a teg....then we can all decide what we would like to take off for weight reduction: deck, door panels, seats, mats, stereo, speakers, AC, power steering, etc.

·
Registered
51 Posts
oh no...I can't turn down a dare. Maybe next weekend I'll do that. I have to work this weekend.
But I will come up with as many weights as possible. Maybe I could weigh my girl friends stuff too since she has a 2000 GSR that's all leather. I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The front seats weigh about 30 pounds without rails and close to 40 pounds with, and this is for cloth seats without height adjustment from and 95 LS. The rear seat (both back pieces and the bench) total to nearly 30 pounds. I just weighed them yesterday. As for after market front seats, many manufacturers give specs for the weight on their site, but the average weight savings for a good aftermarket reclineable seat is 5ibs per seat, and in some cases that much weight is gained (I have heard that jdm recaros are heavier than stock, not sure if this is true or not). If you really want to save weight on the seats, then ditch the rear seat and replace the front seats with non adjustable race bucket seats (if the car is for track only, ditch the passenger seat as well).

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the seats that I want are the Corbeau Forza seats and they weigh 16 pounds a piece. I have already taken out all my interior and didn't really feel a difference so I put it all back in but I have shaved the antenna and I have plugged up the rear windshield wipper with the Honda cap so I don't have either of the motors in. Like everyone has said the bottom of the back seats are all foam, plastic, and leather so they weigh almost nothing but the seats weigh a little more. I like the look better with them in though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts