Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching for engine knock but nothing seemed to match up. Most reffered to light engine knocking/pinging. Mine is ver lound and pronounced.

Car stalled out while I was stopped on a downhill 20' from my house. It will start now but I can't run the risk of it stalling on me on my way to work or class. I may have somone by looking at the head this weekend though as the sound is coming from the top of the engine.

Quick description in case anyone has ideas:
When I crank the car the engine knocks for a second then goes away. When I am driving and I hit the 2-3k range the knocking gets VERY loud. It dies when I go below 2k, and it softens when I get above 3k but is still there. The noise is coming from the top of the engine. After the car stalled and had problems cranking I let is sit for alike an hour and went ouside and he cranked right up, still with the knocking sound though.

I searched around and found a few causes:
Bad fuel (i wish)
Bad Sparkies
Fuel Injector
Timing
My roomate thinks it may be rockers.
Valve Timing
Head Gasket

I don't think it is the fuel injector becuase the knocking sound is so loud. Anyone have any ideas at all?

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Sounds like a bad bearing or rod to me. How is the oil level? Was it ever run low? Driven hard daily on low oil?

Just my guess.

·
Registered
988 Posts
also could be a rocker arm is loose or a nut may have come off the valve adjustments area and is bouncing around. Ihad that happen once.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't particularly recall the engine running low on oil for extended periods of time. I know our engines use oil and when the oil light flashed I added oil.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Nemui on Feb/04/04 said:
I don't particularly recall the engine running low on iol for extended periods of time. I know your engines use oil and when the oil light flashed I added oil.
Yikes, you wait too long!!!

·
Registered
988 Posts
White exhaust?? I hope its just cold where you are cause that would be a head gasket issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts