Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i just bought a subwoofer box for two 12 inch subs. the box has two ports but i want the enclosure to be sealed. where can i buy port plugs or something to make the box sealed?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Are you sure that the airspace in this box will be correct as a sealed unit for the speakers? Usually a sealed box has different airspace requirements than a ported box. The results might not sound as good as leaving it ported. Just something to consider.

*Edited

·
Registered
112 Posts
The box wasn't meant to be sealed. It will not be good for the subs (won't sound wortrh a damn) if there is too much airspace inside the box. Check to see what the subs call for in a sealed box.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MorningZ on Mar/21/04 said:
pieces of particle board work wonders
can you explain how that would work? im picturing a square piece of particle wood nailed onto the top of an otherwise decent looking box.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DC2hatch on Mar/21/04 said:
The box wasn't meant to be sealed. It will not be good for the subs (won't sound wortrh a damn) if there is too much airspace inside the box. Check to see what the subs call for in a sealed box.
the box is 1.25 cubic feet per sub, and the subs can take 1.0-1.75 cubic feet in a sealed box. so this box will be fine for the subs.

·
Registered
349 Posts
IMO,

Build a new box... do it right the first time, that's just my expericance with stereos and such... =)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Kermit on Mar/21/04 said:
IMO,

Build a new box... do it right the first time, that's just my expericance with stereos and such... =)
He has the box...and if he's short on funds why not just plug the hole? it'll suffice till he can do it right just make sure and put some more poly-fill for the fact that it isn't ported and they are generally a bit bigger then their sealed counterparts

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
He can plug the holes and it will work fine.

You guys need to study speaker design and what happens when you put it in a box. There's more to it than just using the T/S parameters to dictate enclosure volume.

He'll be fine if he's on a budget. His resonant freq. will lower if the volume is more than the suggested size, but that's not a big deal at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts