Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
we have some stuff at the local college im going 2 that is put into a bottle with some fuel and you unhook the inline fuel line off the fuel rail and the car runs off just the mixture of cleaner and fuel... im 99% shure its sea foam and i can say that it works very very well. would recomend that over the other stuff ? and ATF ?! i donno about that

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
In Reply To Version 4 User:
Definitely the seafoam, i used it and it works GREAT!

Agreed used it on my LS and had a nice little puddle out the exhaust
 I'd recommend it to anyone....just fed it throught the brake booster vacuum line...didn't kill my engine like it's supposed to but came very close

Later,

Jared

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
H4rdCoR3 on Apr/30/04 said:
i heard that you might damage an 02 sensor? has this happened to anyone before?also you should change your oil and spark plugs afterwards
Yes it can clog the o2 sensor....and damn the change the oil crap, it's total bs rumor unless you no longer have piston rings....spark plugs though...yes you will want to change them after you run sea foam through the car.
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
if you want to clean out the carbon, disassemble and clean them out with simple green or soap and reassemble. this applies to the TB and IM.

using caustic solvents does more harm than good.

a valve seal letting go will cost you way more than taking the part off and cleaning it by hand.

as for the chamber, occasional injector cleaner use is ok but again these can affect your seals. use gas with detergents.

the best way is to remove the head, remove the guides and seats and seals and hot tank it.

these shortcuts like seafoam will cost you in terms of performance and oil burning in the long run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.