Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently moved to san diego, and my car is pretty much becoming the house surfing car. so it pretty much gets wet from the surfboards every time we come back from the ocean. i was wondering if i should rinse off my car every time we go, or something like that? will saltwater on my car ruin paint?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
It would be a good idea. Salt can very easily cause rust.

This is why those of us in the snow belt have to be extra careful durring the winter because of all the snow used on the roads.

·
Registered
713 Posts
hey i was washing my car today and everytime i cant get the little red or black dots on the paint. especially on top of the back bumper. what is this crap? and how to i clean it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah man I'm in your situation too, I'm always at the beach. I love my car and all but not as much as surfing. I always get wet stuff and sand in my car. You can invest in some of those rubber floor mats to keep sand out of the carpet. Your best bet though is to clean it as much as you can.

·
Registered
352 Posts
just buy a cheap truck and us that for your beach outtings. I used to take my teg out to the beach to go surfing and body boarding but i got tired of having to vacum up all that sand every time. it never fully comes out. Your better off saveing your teg and getting a little tacoma or s10, just dont get a ranger, fords suck, it'll break down on you, i love ford bashing.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Haha, this reminds me of that Simpsons episode where the kids get snowed in at the school and Flanders and Homer go to rescue them in Flander's car and they get there and knock over the salt silo and it melts all the snow. It also makes Flanders' car all rusted out in like 5 seconds. Thats funny.

Seriously though, salt = bad, and it will promote rust if it sits on metal for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts