Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, when i got my integra the kid before me had bought a shift knob that looked like this.
i believe it is the stainless design which looks great and all but now it is all scratched up. the guy must of worn rings or something. is there any way to polish it back up and remove the scratches? i was thinking of some Never Dull or some type of metal polish. but would this work? anyone have any experience doing this? and i know this isnt even a big deal, just one of those things where if i have some spare time, why not. love to keep the teg looking clean.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Technically it is possible, and it if is a TWM knob then I'd say go for it. If it is some replica, just replace it...the time and sanding involved to bring a nice shine back isn't worth it. Is your palm complaining? If not ignore it.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
If the scratches are not that deep you can probably do it without much elbow grease. Im like you and want my teg to look as good as possible inside and out; especially if I dont have to spend money to do so. Some people can easily say "replace it" when giving advice, but thats the most expensive solution which you already decided not to do. Do some research on metal polishing and give it a try. Make sure to update us and let us know how it went!

Peace

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
dyingwish on Oct/12/07 said:
Technically it is possible, and it if is a TWM knob then I'd say go for it. If it is some replica, just replace it...the time and sanding involved to bring a nice shine back isn't worth it. Is your palm complaining? If not ignore it.
ditto.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no, my palm is not complaining, but the way i see it is, why not? the scratches are not deep at all and since i do not wear jewelry i doubt i will have to do it anytime in the near future.

i did google some stuff and it seems like Never Dull may do the trick. i also found this. it looks like it would be perfect for what i need it for. however, with the cost of the product plus shipping, it begins to cancel out the cheap DIY. i'll try and take some before and after pictures so you guys know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
dpolelax on Oct/15/07 said:
no, my palm is not complaining, but the way i see it is, why not? the scratches are not deep at all and since i do not wear jewelry i doubt i will have to do it anytime in the near future.

i did google some stuff and it seems like Never Dull may do the trick. i also found this. it looks like it would be perfect for what i need it for. however, with the cost of the product plus shipping, it begins to cancel out the cheap DIY. i'll try and take some before and after pictures so you guys know how it turns out.
there ya go try that hawg wash, i'm like you lol, i love everything to be perfect and usually the minor things annoy me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the same shift knob but mine is gun metal. Can you post some pics of the knob and its scratches please :) I'm not to worried about mine getting scratched because I wear leather driving gloves. But I would love to see the before and after of your success :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.