Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys heres the deal. When im driving if I speed up alot or if im coasting down a hill or something when I brake sometimes my pedal depresses all the way down to the carpet. It works fine usually but just sometimes it just goes all the way down and it retains functionality somewhat but still not like in normal driving. My question is does this mean I dont have brake fluid, is my master cylinder going? What could this possibly be? It only does this sometimes and again its while just coasting down a hill or going pretty fast. Anyone with any thoughts, they would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Shadow

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Check the fluid level. But In my situation, those symptoms you describe were the cause of the master cylinder going out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yep, master cylinder. The reason it works some of the time is that it sucks air in and it compresses the air which causes it to act normal some of the time.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you guys have any idea of how much thats gonna run me?
And also can it just be the gasket or does this sound like the whole sheebang is taking a dirt nap?

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I know that, but I still need to drive around in the car so until I actually get the master cylinder and time to switch it it's gonna have to get me around, gonna be keeping my hand on the e-brake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts