Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my car posted on Autotrader.com for the last 3 months. In the past two weeks I have received three "zimbabwe-nigerian treasurer who wants to deposit $7 million into my account for no reason" type emails involving my car. They all contain the same type of broken English, improper grammar, and misspellings found in the Nigeria scam emails. Here are the copy and pastes.
BUYER INFO
Name: ben larry
E-Mail Address:
Comments: good day
i have a client who is intrested in your car and i weant you to
forward me the final price.dont worry about the shipment of the
car my client said he will send his international shipping
agefor
the pick up of the car
The funny thing about #2 is that this one was sent after I replied saying that I still had the car and the final price was listed in the ad. This email was titled "The Payment and Trust". Notice it is the exact same as #1.
BUYER INFO
> > Name: ben larry
> > E-Mail Address:
> > Comments: good day
> > i have a client who is intrested in your car and i weant you to
> > forward me the final price.dont worry about the shipment of the
> > car my client said he will send his international shipping
> > agefor
> > the pick up of the car
> >
3. The best and most painfully obvious of all.
BUYER INFO
Name: david paul
E-Mail Address:
Comments: hello seller i will like to purchase your car for my client and he said he wanna deposite the money in your bank account so i will like you to foward me your bank detail so that i will tell him to deposit the fund into your accoun asap.thanks

I deleted the email addresses because I am going to forward these to the state's attorney's office and I don't want anyone to email them. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
527 Posts
i've recieved alot of those when i put my car for sale. Everyone get's those i think.

if you list something for sale on the internet for a substantial amount of money.. they will track it down and try to get you to give them your account info..

its nuts, but nobody will do anything about it.. it's been pursued time and time again..

old scam..
thanks for the heads up.
doing the right thing to let others that aren't aware know whats going on and not to fall for it!

cheers

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
I had a similar experience, someone emailed me after I didn't sell my wheels on ebay, they were like they had a customer interested somewhere in Africa.

And they had someone who owned them money in the US but it takes too long for the check to clear in Africa so they would send me a check for 14k and I would deduct the price of the wheels and send the rest to them western union, yea right like someone would trsut a stranger with 14k...

if you search on H-T these happen so often, glad you didnt fall into it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wow, and here I thought I'd actually been contacted by (to date):
-a deposed king
-a princess whose whole family was killed in a coup
AND
-an Indian ex-film star

I can't figure out who these ridiculous things are intended to target. Because, you know, it's not everyday some unknown film star or another wants to put $52 million into your bank account.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
GTScott on Feb/17/04 said:
Wow, and here I thought I'd actually been contacted by (to date):
-a deposed king
-a princess whose whole family was killed in a coup
AND
-an Indian ex-film star

I can't figure out who these ridiculous things are intended to target. Because, you know, it's not everyday some unknown film star or another wants to put $52 million into your bank account.
haha, some of those sounds so rediculous.

I'll make one up just for laughs

Greeting friend,
I have a client who is interested in purchasing your integra. He is a wealthy businessman from japan. Please give me your account numbers so i can trasfer the money.
hahahaha

·
Registered
133 Posts
lol, scammers... i got my car off of autotrader. best site ever!!

(never sold one tho... so i wouldnt know)

PS - I'm interested in giving anyone with an authentic Type-R $30K. I'm located in Tanzania and i need the car shipped. I will handle all the shipping fees via wire transfer. All I need is an account number... ^.^ (jkjk)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.