Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 95 GSR its running about 14.6 , Thats not fast enough! I have made the decision to go forced induction, but I have been battling out which way for a year now, I am almost scared to go turbo, yet there are the same dangers in Superchargering. I am not looking for 300 hp at the wheels, just a way to provide my car with enough power into low /mid13s.
I have looked at Jackson Racing but a lot of people tell me no, this product alone looks to be the safest for the car.

Greddy turbo would be my next choice.

Please give me some feed back to help my decision.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also to take into acount I have 90k on the car with good maitnence, So I do want to have to spend a sh*t load and then in turn get power but at the sacarfice or killing my tranny/strip gears, new everything/

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
There are some great articles on this subject already posted. I would recommend a search. Anything anyone tells you on a general topic such as this would just be regurgitated info - go directly to the source - search.

After searching, if you have more specific questions. repost.

I'm not trying to be an ass - I'm just trying to help you out. good luck.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
this topic has been discussed extensively in the past. i recommend that you use the SEARCH function conveniently located to your left.

turbo and SC both can be very reliable if tuned correctly. however, if i were you and my car already had 90k miles on it, i'd be nervous to go the FI route. i'd get the compression checked on the engine before i do anything else.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok let me specify my question then, If anyone else has an opion about FI a high mile car please let me know. like I said good car 90k 95 GSR should I do it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Go for SC if you want to drive it daily, I have a SC and have great gas milage plus I love the fact that I have instant boost and very nice low and mid range power

go for turbo if you want to go all out power :)
do a search !

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
You're not going to need 300WHP to get into 13s, nor is a supercharger going to produce such. Even the entry level turbo isn't going to bolt-in 300WHP.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Doh... Let me revise then.

You'll be able to get into 13s with either kit, but you'll be limited to about 275 with the supercharger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts