Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if u can have a supercharger (specificly jackson racing) and run nitros at the same time?

·
Registered
304 Posts
search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
IntegraRsNj on Aug/29/02 said:
whoa you must have a lot of free time
LOL...

Anyways, I did a search and couldn't find anything. I thought we had talked about this before too. I remember one on Turbocharging and nitrous but not supercharging and if we did I couldn't find it.

Side note: Nitrous oxide is what you spray in your engine. NOS makes nitrous oxide. (Nitrous Oxide Systems.)

·
Registered
218 Posts
A guy I know here in Louisiana used a 25 shot with his 6lb JRSC. Problem is...he creates so much torque with that setup that he has snapped 3 crankshafts at the track on drag slicks. He runs 12.8 with that setup.

Don't quote me on this but I think he drilled a hole in the intake manifold for the sprayer.

If you're willing to damage an engine with NOS, then its really an ideal setup b/c it cools the charge just right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well once again my search produces nothing. so thats why I asked the question. next time if you don't have the answer to my question or anybody elses question insted of waisting your time writing search all down the page, just don't respond.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Yes, you can supercharge and nitrous a teg but you'll just have to compensate. For example if you get the Jackson Racing Supercharger, you will have to boost less so you could use the nitrous system. If you do decide to do this setup you need to have better belts, pulleys, etc. plus you'll only be able to only shoot 55 unless you modify your bottom end. Even so, i you should build your bottom end regaurdless if your going force induction (better safe than sorry). In my opinion i think it would not be wise to get this setup even though it's unique b/c a supercharger is belt driven and your belts can only take so much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you for you post. it was just an idea that I was tossing around. but I think I'll just stick to the SC.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Good choice.....don't get too complicated unless you got the $$$ to waste. You should be able to boost around 9psi safely w/o any bottom end work but like i said better safe than sorry so work on it. Goodluck

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
integragsr6 on Aug/29/02 said:
If you do decide to do this setup you need to have better belts, pulleys, etc.
What does this have to do with the price of rice in China?

If you are considering N2O with FI, you need to keep peek cylinder pressure in check. This is easily done by retarding the static timing.

I would advise using a wet N2O setup, instead of the entry level dry. With fuel pressure regulators peeking near 100lb of fuel pressure, you're pretty much tapped out. The wet kit will also give nearly limitless tuning options. I would advise tapping the manifold, as flowinf raw fuel thru the blower isn't a bright idea.

With a properly operating 6lb setup and a small 25~35 shot, it's possible to squeek a mid 12 with traction and clutch.

·
Registered
711 Posts
IntegraRsNj on Aug/29/02 said:
whoa you must have a lot of free time
learn to use cut and paste
its your bestfriend...

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Snapped a crank shaft!? Sounds weird to me, most dragsters running honda motros use blueprinted and balanced stock shafts, and he's breaking them with a JRSC and nitrous? Seems really weird, rarely hear about cranks breaking. You sure he didnt mean axles? That happens occasionly.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Originally posted by Gvtec on Aug/30/02
Quote: What does this have to do with the price of rice in China? [/QUOTE] What is that suppose to mean? Plus the fact that i'm asian doesn't mean you can make fun of my heritage. What kind of moderator are you if you make fun of people?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
integragsr6 on Sep/01/02 said:
Originally posted by Gvtec on Aug/30/02
Quote: What does this have to do with the price of rice in China?
What is that suppose to mean? Plus the fact that i'm asian doesn't mean you can make fun of my heritage. What kind of moderator are you if you make fun of people?
[/quote]
I don't believe he was making fun of you. I believe he was making a metaphor of how "off" you were. If I am wrong, he will speak for himself, I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Justin Klemgold on Sep/01/02 said:
Quote: integragsr6 on Sep/01/02Originally posted by Gvtec on Aug/30/02 Quote: What does this have to do with the price of rice in China?
What is that suppose to mean? Plus the fact that i'm asian doesn't mean you can make fun of my heritage. What kind of moderator are you if you make fun of people? I don't believe he was making fun of you. I believe he was making a metaphor of how "off" you were. If I am wrong, he will speak for himself, I'm sure.

[/quote]
He's way off if he's saying i'm off

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Having better belts and pullys has no bearing on the performance. What are better belts? Banjo, Goodyear Gatortback, ect... You can't change their width, without changing every pulley they are connected to. I do agree, they need to be in spec, but it's not even part of this equation. If you know something I don't, feel free to chime in.

To be 100% blut, I don't care about your heritage or anyone else for that matter and I hate it you took it in a personal matter. Ethnic backgound has no bearing on how I will respond to anyone's post; I don't even consider it an issue. I'll choose a more politically correct metaphor next time; God, I didn't know the world would come to this...

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you put a dry kit on your asking for it. Retard your timing and spray small.

Does the axle breaker have solid mounts or are they stock?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have no idea, but I know his 1/4 mile times are not worth the danger of the 25shot, b/c he is getting the same basic results as me with just the 8lb pulley and I have had very few problems. I am only slightly slower than his car with the 6lb pulley and a 25shot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts