Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next investment I was looking at making on my g2 teg was gonna be an Invader style Carbon Fiber hood from VIS, or one of those aerogear Predator hoods. I had a concern about the hood vents, though, and I saw that it was also brought up in another thread in the "My Integra" forum. But anyway, I goto college, pretty much up in the mountains and it snows all winter. I was wondering how safe it would be to have a hood with open vents to the engine bay. They seem kinda common nowadays, so I guess people make it work. I figured I'd ask you guys though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You can always block it off, but if the vents are right above electrical components (like the distributer) or directly over the engine I would be a bit concerned.I've never heard of cases of people with vented hoods having problems, but if you plan on driving thru lots of rain, just block it off or put some screen material over it (on the under surface of the hood) and things should be fine.But ask yourself, "is unwanted water what I want in my engine bay, no matter how minimal it is?"

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just like Bone's said, just block it off. I have a vented hood on my 3g teg. But the diff is that I don't live where it rains or snows alot. This guy here at my work has a vented hood on his Accord and when it rains he says he just "mickey mouses" a piece of plastic taped to the vent underneath the hood to block off the water. He hasn't had any probs.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
You could always switch out hoods when the rains/snow comes, and when summer rolls around you could pop youre trick vented hood back in.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like an easy enough proposal.. I think I'll do that. Thanks guys. I don't suppose anyone has the hood I'm talking about, and would like to add some comments on it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you're talking about the Invader style hood from VIS, then that's exactly what I have on my car. It's the CF hood w/ a single vent. I personally love the hood. It looks great, esp. if you have a kit on the car. And very light compared to the weight of the stock hood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts