Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just recently got in to a small accident with an Acura TL.
my front end, mainly the driver's side is pretty banged up. i took it to a body shop and he estimated about $3000 with of damage. the radiator is a little bent, one of the fans doesn't work, and the radiator supports are messed up. aside from that, the hood is messed up and wont latch so i have it tied down with some wire. there are no leaks and i have been driving it around town but nothing more than a 3 mile trip.

the problem is that i need to take a trip this weekend, about 1 hour and 45 mins or 120 miles, and i would like to know if you think that the one fan would be able to keep the engine cool enough for the trip.

Here are some pictures:

thanks in advance for all your help.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
small accident??? god damn dude. I wouldnt drive that at all period. Is there any frame damage? how did your airbags not go off? right now the front end of the car is weaker and if you get into another front end accident it will cause even more damage and be more dangerous to you.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
even if the hood may appear secured, it may fly up on a bump or something! too dangerous.. parts might fly off, could strike or motorists.. too dangerous.. too many risky factors.. walk or rent or forget about it hehe..

~P2P

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
If you paid collision, fix as much of it as you can yourself. Then pocket the rest of the cash. As for driveability, i think driving it around town is OK, since you have been doing that this far. But your upcoming drive is 120 miles in 1hr 45 mins. Thats an average speed of 55+ mph. Id be scared as hell to drive with that hood on at 40+.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
yeah, have you ever driven with the hood open, but latched? I was driving 55 when I noticed and I was going 70.. you have no idea HOW much I freaked out.. I was like come on come on, the gas station is RIGHT there.. I had forgotten to close the hood all the way when I was in a hurry.. lol..

·
Registered
459 Posts
but 3gs for the whole damage doesnt sound right.. radiator + fan is like 140, hood like 1 or 200, fender 100 somethin, headlights 200 somethin, radiator support 100 somethin, bumper like 200, thas like about 1g for the whole thing, and its things u can do urself...unless the shop is thnkin they'll fix whatever is messed up

·
Registered
857 Posts
just for an OEM bumper and headlights it was gonna cost me 1200 to get my car fixed (600 for bumper + paint, and 500 for new headlight assembly), so 3k sounds realistic, but you can save a ton of money if you buy used parts from people on here, just rent a car for a bit, buy the parts used, get them installed at the shop and you'll pocket like 1k of it

·
Registered
657 Posts
That thing is damn near totalled, no you cannot drive it, not even if its safe for you but it is not safe for others and would probably get pulled over.

If you have any mechanical damage, especially towards cooling the engine, you should not drive the vehicle.

Atleast take the hood off and bang it somewhat back into shape, can you even see over it? lol

·
Registered
800 Posts
yea man don't drive that...that wire holding ur hood might break on the highway and if that goes flying up thats a BAD situation lol that happened to me once on my old car and scared the shyt outta me and almost crashed and i was oNLY doing 30 mph sooooo.....do the math....good luck

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.