Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into an accident last week. The front bumper sags a little and the piece of metal where the hood latch is got bent back, which causes the hood not to shut all the way. The hood itself is latched though. I tied the hood down with some rope for extra safety. I took it out for a test drive, I only went about 30 mph for a few mins around my neighborhood and it didn't fly open or shake wildley. Do you guys think this would be safe enough for me to drive to school tomorrow (about a 20 min drive, max speed I'll go is 50 mph)? If it drizzles one day, driving the teg should be out of the picture right?

pics:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I would suggest not driving like that. Although the latch is strong, it still is dangerous having the hood slightly propped. Try going to a junkyard or search the buy/sell forums for a cheap hood. Then when u get enough money, fix that *****!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
sit on it and get it as closed as possible. the same ting happened to me and ive been driving tht way for over 4 months through snow, rain and heavy heavy rain. u should be ok. just check in there once in a while to make sure its not horrible saturating everything.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
my hood was like that after my accident, I took some rope, while the hood was closed, and tied one end to the hood loop for the hatch, and tied the other end to my bumper, through the grill.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Take the opportunity to buy a carbon fiber hood ;) Or, just get anything that you may have wanted as far as body is concerned. It could be a push in the direction... If you want to go in that direction, that is.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Why all the ghetto advice? Rope? Sit on it? GO REPLACE IT. Do it right the first time.

As for driving tomorrow, I wouldn't suggest it unless you have no other way of getting there.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
if i tell u can i get a pack of soda????
no its not safe to do it . i was in my friends 93 prelude he hit a car and his front looks like urs and we tied it down like u didnt and we went on the freeway and the hood flew off and there was a chp 200 feet away we didnt see him and we pulled over then he did. he came up to us and said that wasnt suppose to happen and we laugh and go a ticket

·
Registered
798 Posts
haha
anythign above 30 mph has a high change of messing up your hood latches and a busted window with roof frame damage, tie it down, tie it down again.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Apr/19/04 said:
You also risk getting stuff shot up into the engine compartment like water or rocks. only drive it to the bodyshop at low-speed.
Good point, I forgot about that, I had to drive probalby 10 miles to my body shop, through part of a construction zone haha, man it was dirty under there when the body shop guy pry the hood open.

·
Registered
887 Posts
i dont think the gap is that big and he lives in cali i dont think theres gonna be much rain so i dunno i would if i was in his position

1 - 15 of 15 Posts