Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it would be safe to mount say a
5.o lbs n2o bottle in the engine compartment ?
I ask because I have it in the trunk now but thought if mounted in the engine compartment the engine heat would keep the bottle pressure up.
-thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
i would mount it in the cargo area where the spare tire would sit....dont know if u use ur spare...cuase i dont..lol....but thats where i would mount it IMO

·
Registered
9 Posts
nooooooooooo!!!! don't mount it there. that would seem to be an obvious no-no. besides unless its built to hell n2o isn't safe by any stretch of the imagination. maybe its just me but ive had two cars that ive run nitrous on and both of them were built to handle naws, but after about 2-3 sprays they started smoking. and those were cars built to handle naws. you probably know what your doing but still if your going to run n2o beeeee careful. from a voice of experience.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Quote: teg365b18 on Feb/09/04 nooooooooooo!!!! don't mount it there. that would seem to be an obvious no-no. besides unless its built to hell n2o isn't safe by any stretch of the imagination. maybe its just me but ive had two cars that ive run nitrous on and both of them were built to handle naws, but after about 2-3 sprays they started smoking. and those were cars built to handle naws. you probably know what your doing but still if your going to run n2o beeeee careful. from a voice of experience.
[/QUOTE]what are you talking about dont use n2o at all ??? or mounting it under the hood?

·
Registered
891 Posts
i had my bottle mounted on the plastic peice in between the back seats, just make sure every thing is bolted down good. The engine compartment will get way too hot for the bottle

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
teg365b18 on Feb/09/04 said:
besides unless its built to hell n2o isn't safe by any stretch of the imagination. maybe its just me but ive had two cars that ive run nitrous on and both of them were built to handle naws, but after about 2-3 sprays they started smoking. and those were cars built to handle naws. you probably know what your doing but still if your going to run n2o beeeee careful. from a voice of experience.
yeah dude its just you because in terms of being built my car is stock and I've got about 50 runs on my nitous system and don't have a single problem.

As for mounting it under the hood I wouldn't advise it. Any particular reason you would want to mount it there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts