Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Blackwidow92LS on Oct/31/06 said:
hey can anyone tell me what the s4 feature is on my 92 integra LS? i didnt get a manual when i got the car and never tryed it yet.
There's also a driver-selectable Sport Mode which permits the driver to choose a shift pattern more appropriate to spirited driving. When the driver selects the "S3" Mode, the transmission shifts at higher rpm points, at partial throttle openings, from first to second and second to third gears. To shift to fourth gear in the Sport Mode, the driver presses the "S4" button. Using the Sport Mode increases responsiveness and is useful on long grades or mountain roads to keep the transmission from "hunting" for gear ratios.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I believe it is fuel economy mode. S4 stands for Sport 4th gear(No 5th gear) when turned on. Not sure if this is true just a guess!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Wow i never knew they had that, i have never even been in a G2 teg before either so!! But yeah if it works have fun with it!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey can anyone tell me what the s4 feature is on my 92 integra LS? i didnt get a manual when i got the car and never tryed it yet.
I know this is a old thread, but i am glad someone asked about the S3, S4 option. So is it ideal to use it often ? Wondering if its ok to use on the streets, obviously not freeway. Any more information you guys have about these gears would be very helpful. I do feel the difference when shifting to S3, and S4. Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
Moytephillip
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing