Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

While looking to get an S2000 exhaust tip, I noticed something interesting: the S2000 uses twin-pass/twin-loop mufflers!

Maybe adapt this to work on an Integra? Not a bad idea if you can find a junked S2000 or an S2000 owner selling his exhaust cheap -- keep one muffler for yourself, sell the other.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stock is 57.2mm = 2.252"

Obviously the hangers would have to be re-done. I'm seriously considering doing this to replace my ITR muffler.

It will probably have to wait until I go home for the summer (away at school), but I will definitely do some research.

EDIT:
Similar thread on HT

Inlet is 2" according to them, but I keep reading on S2KI.com that it is 2.25". I think I'll trust the S2000 guys.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
codenamezero on Feb/12/04 said:
From the size, i am guessing is 2.25" and it is mederal bent (come on, Honda gotta be suck if they come with crush bent).
it's crush bent. Mandrel bent piping is not practical for large scale mass production.

Unless of course the s2k really is that badass...

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
im not too exhaust savvy so bear with me...why does it look like there is a second (actually third) muffler in between the cat and the two twip loops?

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
JustTegIt on Feb/13/04 said:
im not too exhaust savvy so bear with me...why does it look like there is a second (actually third) muffler in between the cat and the two twip loops?
You must be talking about the picture up top? That is just the exhaust system cut in two pieces past the cat. It is just leaning against the dual exhaust mufflers.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
JustTegIt on Feb/13/04 said:
I think that might be the resonater, because the car is not turbo so it would not use a pre-cat.

·
Registered
497 Posts
"GSR guy" you should be able to find out what that pipe is if you have this diagram just find out what item number 11 is on the key.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
What is the point of putting on this ugly,heavy stock,looking and almost stock sounding muffler that will eventualy rot away anyway? Looks like someone welded a pipe to a trash can and then unto your car.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ed -- I hate loud exhausts. The S2000 muffler is not flashy, is quiet, and flows better than a stock DC2 muffler.

This is all just an idea, if it won't fit I'm just going back to stock exhaust. I find it pointless to spend tons of money on an exhaust for a car that I just drive around town (read: not raced). I HATE talking over my exhaust.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/14/04 said:
Ed -- I hate loud exhausts. The S2000 muffler is not flashy, is quiet, and flows better than a stock DC2 muffler.

This is all just an idea, if it won't fit I'm just going back to stock exhaust. I find it pointless to spend tons of money on an exhaust for a car that I just drive around town (read: not raced). I HATE talking over my exhaust.
I don't normally write in caps but...
JUST GO BUY AN APEXI WS CAT-BACK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI -
S2000 exhaust system is stainless, so it's not going to rust that easy.

Piping is mandrel bent.

Muffler inlet is 2" - I measured mine.

The S2000 exhaust flows well. Infact the entire exhaust system is very well designed out of the box. There are VERY few exhausts and header that will make power. Infact when I replaced mine with an aftermarket "straight through" exhaust system, it made no power...

you can find S2000 muffler for about $50-75. Much cheaper than an Apex.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts