Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would really like my integra to be RWD, does anyone know the best way to do this? How much it would cost?
and how available the awd tranny`s are. thnx.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Not to be rude or anything, but just go buy a rear wheel drive car. Unless you know what your doing its going to cost you out your a**hole for labor. This is because theres no kit to just swap it you have to make custom brackets and mounts and driveshaft,

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
yep, it's not a good idea at all. You could probably get an NSX for cheaper. and that's mid engine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but i dont want another car, and by the time i can afford it i wont care, i look at my car and see a 2500lb
unibody, i can make it faster than an nsx, i can make it MR if i want too. of course i could get 240 or a miata but i want a RWD Integra. i heard about an AWD tranny swap on a tuner show and ive
seen a pic of a MR CRX (tell me thats not hard) so i know people do theses things. Itll take a quick finger
with a hack saw but i will do it someday.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone seen the car and driver where they bash the new tl for having 270hp fwd, it could have won the road test
but honda was too stubborn.

·
Registered
910 Posts
the whole set up will be custom and there are no definite ways to do it. the only awd honda thats not an SUV ive ever heard of was a 4th gen civic but i dont think that setup will be strong at all. it will take SEVERAL weeks just to get everything to fit right and thousands of dollars. if your goina go with other components other than honda then whats the point?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
look in the JDM teg section. they made an Integra Xsi AWD for 95-99. They do race them, thats why there BMW M`s and AMG`s

·
Registered
910 Posts
ummm have you looked closer? it got third behind the G35 and the 3series BMW. those are some of the best cars ever made. see the cars it beat out? a turbo awd car? by no means is the TL a bad car because its fwd. honda is pretty much fwd performance. once you mess with that your takin honda away from the car. so you might as well get a nissan.

·
Registered
611 Posts
shoot, I'd race my new TL, that is if I had one. Its so sexy, I wouldn't care. The TL probably didn't win the road test ont only because it was FWD, also because its not tuned for performance suspension, its tuned for sloppy safe understeer.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they handicapped the BMW`s and Honda makes a RWD so they can do it, but thats just too much power for FWD
from the factory. oversteer can get u into trouble just as much as understeer, and the testers specifically said it may have won with RWD

·
Registered
81 Posts
I saw pictures in a Japanese tuner mag of an in development new accord with a 2.2L Turbo i-VTEC AWD. Built to compete with subaru, it should be coming out within the next couple years. I can't wait.

·
Registered
329 Posts
i think we are drawin away from the fact that a conversion from FF to FR would be super expensive and difficult. Try finding sumone who willingly do all of the labor for you. I doubt "tony" the mechanic will take such a prject or that your gearheads buddy will tackle that bad boy on a nice sunny weekend, if your teg is a daily driver think about gettin another car while u wait for the TEg to be RWD

·
Registered
329 Posts
i kno the post above is a bit harsh and offers no real help so i apologize in that sense i guess my bad mood has made me forget abotu the TI community srry

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no its cool, but by the time im ready to do this my teg will sadly not be my daily driver, and i will be able to do most of it myself, pending lack of interest and very big loud car crashes. I guess i need to let u guys know my plan before i say what result i want

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I hear that the conversion from FWD to RWD can be very unstable.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
MR integra has been done. along with the 4wd teg.
honda had a 4wd prototype at a car show once.
the way they did the MR was make a body of an integra out of thick gauge sttel like they use in roll cages. made motor mounts in the trunk, droped the motor and tranny in. they retained stock tranny, and alxes. re routed throttle cable, brake lines, they couldn't do power steering. the hardest part was trying to figure out the shift linkage. then when they were done they put a fiberglass integra body over everything.
so it kinda was an integra...well it looked like one at least

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
This thread might be of interest. I remembered that some guy on Honda Tech has a tweaked project car. He might be the right guy to ask about this. Expect to dump 20 thousand dollars into this conversion though. You would be better off buying a WRX or something that is already set up. Unless you have another car to drive durring the year that your car is going to be torn apart, then you are going to be in sad shape anyway. This is not a cheap 'weekend' conversion. It would be a major undertaking. Good luck if it is something you decide to do. It would be very interesting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.