Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of 4 H&R sport springs used (soposedly for about 6 months) off eBay and they arrived today.

They're kinda dirty but that doesn't really bother me...but it does seem there are also some small orange rust specs. They are few and tiny but still bother me, should I be worried or am I good to go install these into my integra?

Thanks

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I would rather have new too...but I got these for 135 shipped and that was nearly 20 bucks cheaper than the cheapest deal I could find on new springs...some how 20 bucks seemed worth it heh *shrug*

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
minor rust isn't a problem. i've seen springs crack from exessive rust, but surface rust isn't a problem. most springs will eventually rust.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ehhmy springs were so rusty, that it softened and 4 coils rested on each other.. when i changed over to coil-overs, i took it out, and the ends crumbled in my hands... the rust was so bad in fact, that it broke into 4 pieces... so dont underestimate rust on srpings

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.