Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car garged for the winter. only went out in salt once and I did a major detail on it but only put one coat of Klasse S/G on it. on the rear hatch area there is a bubble and obviously we all now its rust underneath the paint. When I did the major dettail it was 40 probally degrees out if not colder. I let car sit in garage and I remember seeing a water mark and I thought it was just frozen water on the rear hatch. So I left it alone and come to find out it was a bubble. Could it be that it was frozen water before and it just rustd up that area? I wouldnt think so since the car was in the garage. BTW this is a 99 black integra.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Total body rust through like that takes years. That is something that was probably starting up right after they painted it. on a car that is only 5 years old I would say you have an issue. Take it into Acura and ask them when they started making their cars out of sugar cubes that rusted through at the first sign of water. This is something that happend from the inside of the paint and worked its way out. Its not typical for 5 year old cars to do that.

My car is a 99 as well and I drive it all winter. I know about salt too. Hell, the freaking city I live in is named Salt Lake City so you know I know about salt. ;) I don't have any rusting problems so I'm sure its a factory defect on Honda's part. Take that badboy to a dealership right away before it gets any older. You've got a valid gripe. There is nothing you could have done about this problem so don't blame yourself.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Yup. Just did. Actually, I thought this thread was that thread. I just remember seeing something about rust. lol Your problem is a lot easier to fix than his though. Clay won't remove total body rust through I'm afraid.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, but I dont think Acura is going to fix the problem. I have rust spot where the rubber trim was in my drivers side quarter panel but thats more my fault if anything. A body shop grinded that out and I found a bubble to where the quarter panel meets the bumper but its on top of where the rubber trim goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts