Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read the amp install article and it was pretty good. In fact, it was very similar to how I did the amp install in my last car. The problem I have is that the sedan is not going to work that way. I can't just run the power along the door and up the back seat. I've got more stuff in the way, obviously. So I'm wondering how you sedan guys ran the power cord back to the amp.

And maybe I missed it, but I don't remember seeing where to run the other cables back to the deck from the amp. Do you just have those going right along with the power? I was thinking about just running everything through the console and then along that hump and up under the back seat into the trunk. I could hide the cables with some conduit and that would at least make them not stand out as much. Its not like anyone but my son is ever in my back seat anyway. I don't think anyone would notice the 12 inches of conduit running between the back of the console and the seat. Perhaps I could even run it all under the carpet right there. What do you guys think? Is there a better way?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
mine is run down the center hump, no ones ever in my back seat so its ok. I ran it under the carpet, wasnt as hard as I thought to do it, just had to remove the passanger seat to make it easier.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have to remove the back seat as well? Where do your wires come out from under the carpet?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm not familiar with the sedans, but you should still be able to run your wires along the doors. The plastic on the pillar between the doors should have enough of a lip for you to tuck the wires under. I could be incorrect though. If you do decide to run them through the center console, make sure the power wire and your RCA's are on opposite sides, and you should try to shield the power wire with some sort of conduit or you could end up with noises you don't want. You can run the "blue" remote wire with the RCA's without any problems. Good Luck!

·
Registered
346 Posts
rca and turn on went through center. I just used hangers and such to pull them through without having to pull up the carpet. My power goes down the side and under the back seat in the corner. Took me a long time since it was my first install but I'd say it wasn't too much harder to do.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I do this type of thing all the time and i my self have a sedan. You CAN run it along the doors. It takes a little time but i did mine in about 10 min all you reall have to do is remove all of the plastic moldings and that pillar molding and then feed it through there with a cloths Hanger and everything will be just fine. But i know this for a fact. I think that the wire between the console would look taky but thats my opinion these are just a few thoughts from and installer.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it was run under the carpet on the hump then it wouldn't be tacky though. Do you think that removing the seat and all the parts along the side are easier than running it under the carpet? You have to remove the console to get the wires from behind the deck anyway. I figure that would be easier. I'll trust what an installer tells me on this one. I'm not a pro at this by any means. I've put in 3 or 4 stereos, but that is nothing to what you've probably done I'm sure.

·
Registered
739 Posts
i ran mine under the door sills on the passenger side, they just pop out with a flathead screwdriver. the power comes in from the firewall under the glovebox and the remote and rca wires run with the power wire under the door sills (on the bottom) and go to the side of the back seats and up through the carpet between the seats and the trunk when the back seats are folded down. cant even tell the wires are there

·
Registered
84 Posts
If your amps aren't the biggest, I put mine in my 4 door under the seats. I have a 2 channel under the drivers seat and a 4 channel under the passengers. It makes for a lot shorter power wire and RCA cables. Guaranteed to help out theft too, my car got hit and they made out w/ my sub+box and other misc stuff, but not my amps! A little more trunk space doesn't hurt too. Oh yeah, having the amps right there made tunning a lot easier too.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have a sedan but havent run the wires for anything yet, I have taken my whole interior out of the car and its not that big of a deal, 4 bolts for the front seats, 2 bolts for the back and a few screws for the center console, shouldnt take more than 20 mins to empty the whole car of seats to make everything a whole lot easier for your life!!!

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've actually already got plans for the space under the seats. I can't put my amp there. So its in the trunk for the little guy. Eventually I'm going to do something with the space for the spare tire. Having it back there is a waste of space since its not going to help much if I get a flat tire. That little sucker isn't even close to the size of my summer rims.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, guys. :) I'm looking forward to getting this all hooked up tonight. I'll try going down the side of the car first. Did you have to take off anything else besides the door sils to go down the side of the door, white4drTeg? Did that space between the doors give you any problem, or dd you have to remove something there too?

·
Registered
739 Posts
at the bottom in between the doors where the seat belt is there is a piece of plastic that pops off once you get the two bottom door sill off.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The idea is to have the wires hidden. I don't want them showing inside the car. If I ran them under the carpet on the hump then how do I get them into the trunk?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
yep, mines run on either side of the hump, under the carpet. and yes I did remove my seats to get it under to the trunk. mines not t 4 door though. you can in yours too but you could also just fish a coat hanger under from the trunk and pull it through. Shouldnt be too hard.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Jngrbrdman on Mar/11/04 said:
The idea is to have the wires hidden. I don't want them showing inside the car. If I ran them under the carpet on the hump then how do I get them into the trunk?
you wont be able to see them. What you need to do is take out the rear seat and cushion, it'll be very self explanetory once you see whats under there. My friend has a 4 door civic which we put a basstube in, and it's essentially the same down there, bassicly the carpet stops as soon as it gets under the rear seat, and using a coathanger you just pull the wires through. From that point on it'll be self explanetory.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just got done with the whole install. I ran them along the side like was suggested earlier. That was a piece of cake to do. Thank god for TI and the articles too. That saved me some time. Thanks guys. My car now booms like a champ. I haven't had my stereo stuff in my car for 4 years now. I missed it....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts