Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 01 integra about 4-5 months ago. It still has the b10b1 it came with but it has some mods. I got it from my brother in law and he didn’t even have it for 2 weeks and sold it to me since he needed money and my previous car turned into my new project car. The problem with my car is that it has aftermarket headers, and a new intake manifold as well as a cold air intake. It has 1 cat but the previous owner (before my brother in law) gutted it. It also has a after market exhaust since the one it had still had the oem muffler and resonator but they were rusty and had leaks so I got a yonakah exhaust. The car runs great and drives great and sounds great but I realized that it’s running piggy rich. It also stutters at idle. I’ve done the basic maintenance as well as changed all of the plugs and wires but it’s still running piggy rich. Any ideas on why it’s running rich and what can fix it? I’d like the keep the current set up as I don’t want to go looking for stock parts and i like how it looks/sounds. I’m just learning about cars and I’d like to be a mechanic but I need to learn so any help would be amazing.

·
Administrator
3,744 Posts
You haven't stated why you think it's running rich....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You haven't stated why you think it's running rich....
sorry, the reason why I think that is that my exhaust is very black in the inside. It was originally chrome but now it’s covered in black and it smells like straight gas and it has worse gas mileage that a accord with the same motor that I had a while ago. Also since it’s modified I feel like they did something that messed with the way the car runs and is making it run richer

·
Administrator
3,744 Posts
That's a completely normal characteristic for any vehicle. It's exhaust....it's going to be black. Additionally, those mods aren't going to make it run any more rich from factory. If anything, they would make it run a little more leaner. Lastly, with your vehicle being a '01, you'd have a "Check Engine Light" illuminated if the ECU picked up that the engine was running more rich or lean from reading of the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a completely normal characteristic for any vehicle. It's exhaust....it's going to be black. Additionally, those mods aren't going to make it run any more rich from factory. If anything, they would make it run a little more leaner. Lastly, with your vehicle being a '01, you'd have a "Check Engine Light" illuminated if the ECU picked up that the engine was running more rich or lean from reading of the O2 sensor.
Ah ok, thanks cause I’ve never really seen an exhaust turn from chrome to black especially in just a few days.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your cat is gutted. That is the main reason you have a black exhaust pipe that smells like gasoline. Also, it is possible your intake could be affecting low rpm and idle performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts