Team Integra Forums banner

1601 - 1613 of 1613 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
Z's view is slightly jaded I think. We've done it 5(?) times on my car without taking the engine out. Getting it lined up is much easier with a third set of hands.
Well, there is that. I've never done it any way other than alone. That sucks balls.

New case (i think i bent the old one)
Bent trans case? Time for one of them shiny indestructible billet ones methinks.

·
Super Moderator
14,150 Posts
Man, you're rough on tranny cases. :p

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,604 (Edited)
apparently, when i cracked the outer case, i also cracked the gear-housing half of the case. that was replaced along with the fifth-reverse gear fork. Everything is up and running and I'll be driving the car for the next two days to make sure there are no issues. Didn't get my type-r rear brakes or front lip installed, but i don't really care at this point. What matters, is that it runs and drives!

http://vid665.photobucket.com/albums/vv11/tlangy/IMG_3123.mp4

·
Super Moderator
14,150 Posts
It's kind of awesome going from auto to 5 speed huh.

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,607
It like... really really is. I spent a lot of time last night driving around, getting-reacquainted with heel-toe and my car in general. We left the auto-brake pedal setup in (with a shaved-off left side) so it's super close to the throttle and it makes that stuff a breeze. also got a few corners in and the chance to feel what I'm pretty sure was the chatter of the LSD holding the inside tire while the outside travelled... is that the right sensation?

1601 - 1613 of 1613 Posts