Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1613 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
so here's some pics of the car on the dyno and on a rainy california day which stopped me from doing a lot of work on it so i just parked it and said oh well!

numbers soon, can't give it all up at once haha.

and my older brother (who doesn't know how to drive stick, go figure) just picked up a 1990 LS! we'll be gettin him on here soon! YEAH!

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
tlangy on Jan/16/09 said:
of course. i go to the mechanic today to get a bolt put on cause i broke a brittle one when i was painting the wheels. AND HE SCRATCHES THE WHEELS!!! DAMMIT! they said they'd paint it, i figure touch up on my end is easier.
Well....those wheels are going to get touched up on a regular basis my friend.

You painted over the wheel weights...so the next time you get your wheels balanced, there's going to be a unpainted spot where your old weights were.

Alignment heads will scratch your paint too....it's part of the game, get used to it.

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
TEGGSRB18C1 on Feb/13/09 said:
Quote: tlangy on Jan/16/09of course. i go to the mechanic today to get a bolt put on cause i broke a brittle one when i was painting the wheels. AND HE SCRATCHES THE WHEELS!!! DAMMIT! they said they'd paint it, i figure touch up on my end is easier.

Well....those wheels are going to get touched up on a regular basis my friend.

You painted over the wheel weights...so the next time you get your wheels balanced, there's going to be a unpainted spot where your old weights were.

Alignment heads will scratch your paint too....it's part of the game, get used to it.
i figured, that's what i got the extra can of paint for, it was just annoying that they scratched it like a day after i painted them when it was completely unnecessary, just general slap-dick-job stuff.

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
95integraLS003 on Feb/13/09 said:
Nice.. your cars come a long way!
and thanks, i couldn't have done it without t-i. wiper delete, shift boot and rear suspension are next. then... the dreaded engine leaks.... ugh.

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
00acurals on Feb/21/09 said:
damn dude thoes pictures with the throws behind your car. car looks so fresh.
haha yeah amongst the bikes at the rock store the ariel was the main attraction and i was kinda the side show with the loud music. but hell, i didn't fair too bad against some of the bikes.

there were a few other tegs today, but none worth snappin.

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
mechanic super fail today. here's the story. failed smog a few weeks ago, guy said my timing teeth/numbers we're off by 3 - 13 to be exact and it's 16+/-2 so it didnt pass.

took it to the mechanic for that, antenna, and cv boot.

to fix the timing cover with parts and labor its 500 bones.

a new motor (used B18A1) is running 600 these days... so im gonna do that. I need one FAST reliable and not a MILLIoN dollars.

gimmie some heads up if you know really good places etc etc. ill be actively looking really hard this weekend.
thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
hmotorsonline. speaking from experience, I bought mine there.

And shippings gotta be cheap cause yo'ure in CA.

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
Also, sweet atom.

Is it a US or euro spec one?

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
SniperX on Mar/05/09 said:
Also, sweet atom.

Is it a US or euro spec one?

talked to the guy for about an hour about it, it's the GM motor with supercharger, gets about 350hp.

and motors...

hmotorsonline right now doesn't have any B18A1's in stock. last time i called they had 4 coming in that were all paid for etc etc.

they have a F20B 97-98 Long Block (VTEC) but i don't know if it'll work with A)my car B)my transmission... im calling right now

edit: they don't have B18B's but if some come in on sat. they'll let me know.

and the F20B would need a new tranny, motormounts, computer, harness, BLAH BLAH BLAH

41 - 60 of 1613 Posts