Team Integra Forums banner

1941 - 1960 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
The paint wont last. You should just send it off to be coated. That stuff is amazing.
That Duplicolor high heat header paint isn't so bad, I have used it twice. It made a buddy of mine's DC header look literally brand new, and its holding well.
As long as its prepped well it sticks well.

I love the S/C idea Steve, that is going to be a fun car to drive, especially with the LSD :vtec228:

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,943
Yeah, i can't wait until Saturday when the final tuning happens.... hopefully the Tuner's computer behaves... last time it was crashing when VTEC was engaged... ugghh

So today I ran a vacuum line and mounted the second MAP sensor... i left the original one in place for now and hooked up... when i get up to the Tuner, i'll just move the plug over so the ECU can see b00st

Also let the car run for an hour and let the paint cook/bake-in/smoke... horrid smell... yuck

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Nice job.
'bout how much time would estimate to do the oil pan gasket replacement?
How much torque did you go with?
(*noted about dropping the header for easier access)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,945
I don't know what they are torqued to, I just followed the advice on the last page

Took a few hours total to do the gasket and paint

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
the laptop shouldnt crash anymore when it engages vtec, I think he figured out the problem at the end of the tune last time so everything should be good this time.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,951
300 miles on Felpro = no leaks so far !!

=================

Car = (street) tuned!!

she feels good...... pulling hard on 2nd and 3rd feel great

I can't wait to do a few dyno pulls somewhere to see some hard numbers for the $2000 spent

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
He has a lubricating kit for the bearing on the nose end but we had no idea about that during the install so we just put it in. We can see the fill plug but theres no way to kno how much is in there now and per instructions, it says to remove it and tip all the oil out and fill 100-100ml of fluid in there.....well that supercharger isnt coming out just for that, lol

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,957
it's not all too pronounced..... I'm not overly concerned about it to be honest

stopped by some friends house up here and we're having fun with the b00st

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,959
So after a few days of driving the car a lot: ME LIKE !!!

I can't wait to get on the track on on the Dragon to really put the car through it's paces.....

====

before I left on Saturday, I was doing a few things to get ready for the trip up... part of that was checking out a pesky HID ballast, which I think is officially dead meat...... so I had to purchased a set of headlights at AutoZone for the time being, but just now ordered a set of DDM Tuning HIDs to replace the ones I had (which lasted 6+ years btw).... looking forward to those....

1941 - 1960 of 6485 Posts