Team Integra Forums banner

1901 - 1920 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I dont think it's working properly. Those hundreds should have already been sucked into the JRSC. You better make sure nothing is blocking the flow. That wallet should be empty if the hose is working properly.
:popcorn:

He's got a vacuum leak. lol

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,906
so I am "safe" to now move the MAP sensor out of it's stock location and run the vacuum hose from it to the IM and mount it out of the way?

I've got the second map sensor to plug the stock location for now until the shiny block off plate gets here.... I just want to make sure that nothing bad will come out of the current ECU settings + the relocation

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,907
seeing this part by Synapse confuses me too

Synapse Missing Link MAP Sensor Valve Acura Integra DC4 94-01 - ML001C, 19001C

"The Missing Link works by mounting between the intake manifold signal and the factory map sensor. It completely blocks boost pressure from the MAP sensor to keep it from being destroyed by boost pressure, while maintaining the vacuum signal necessary to keep the factory computer from seeing the addition of boost pressure"

or is this completely not an issue because of my modified stock ECU...

also talked to Chris @ Xenoncron.... if I need bigger injectors, I believe I am going to buy a set of RDX ones off of him... he's a good guy and I'll gladly send business his way

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
so I am "safe" to now move the MAP sensor out of it's stock location and run the vacuum hose from it to the IM and mount it out of the way?

I've got the second map sensor to plug the stock location for now until the shiny block off plate gets here.... I just want to make sure that nothing bad will come out of the current ECU settings + the relocation
Just use the second map sensor, unplug the stock one and plug in your new one and run a hose to the IM.

If the ecu sees boost and has no boost tables it will probably freak the **** out and throw a check light and possibly go into limp mode. You should not be building boost on a stock map anyway though so go ahead and move it then drive it over to your tuner in vacuum the whole time. It's hard for me to know what the current tune on your ostrich has or doesn't have on it. It may be just a stock GSR map completely unmodified or the guy with the laptop may have already added boost tables and extrapolated some starter fuel values. beats me where he left off.

or is this completely not an issue because of my modified stock ECU...

also talked to Chris @ Xenoncron.... if I need bigger injectors, I believe I am going to buy a set of RDX ones off of him... he's a good guy and I'll gladly send business his way
Not an issue because when you tune it you're going to add boost columns to the fuel map so the ECU knows what to do. You would specifically NOT want a missing link with a tuned ecu.

Yes! on the RDX injectors. They are flat out the best things you can buy in that cc range.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,910
Picked up the Felpro oil pan gasket tonight, I should have gotten new nuts and bolts too, guess i'll go back for them.....

i may try to get to it next saturday depending on how i feel....

this topic I found by searching has some great in-fo-mation on this install ! although one thing says 10 ft/lbs, one says 12, and one guy says 5....

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
The spec is 8.7 ft-lbs (12 N-m) max. Tighten the bolts a little at a time in the pattern shown in the diagram. If the gasket starts to squeeze out of place before you get to 8.7 ft-lbs, stop tightening.
Yep. Just snug them. Since the felpro doesn't have the metal washes embedded in it its easier to squeeze it out. Just snug em :)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,915
Put a new positive battery terminal on today.... neat little feature that it shows the voltage available

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,917
I have it grounded for the pic, but there will be a momentary push button switch hooked up (when I dig one out of my junk bins)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,919
I was going to put the MAP block off plate on too, but the screws didn't want to come out, i'll need to dig out my impact screwdriver to get it out w/o stripping those out

1901 - 1920 of 6485 Posts