Team Integra Forums banner

1801 - 1820 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,801
so it dawned on me when I just was out for lunch:

dammit, the JRSC took a little spill a few weeks ago (when the FMU part got smashed), the black bypass thingy sure in hell could have been damaged then too !

eeek... not sure if it's the $240 part of the $88 part... when i am back from lunch i'll quickly figure it out

·
Registered
4,783 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,805
Alright, just heard back from a Jackson tech..

First thing he did was explain what the bypass did and how it worked

Then he asked me to start the car.... when i started it (and we were on the phone), my belts squealed (and then stopped), he pointed out then that any belt slippage would be a problem in this setup..

anyways, we determined that the bypass was working correctly... with the car off it's fully at rest, with the car idling, it's fully pulled in (meaning: bypassed).....

next thing we talked about was getting a reading on vacuum pressure.... and he gave me some tips on reading this pressure (first by picking up a mechanical tool to do so)

anyways, first thing first I have to figure out what belt is squealing, which has proved elusive so far, and then get a reading on psi

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,806
would this make a good purchase for a mechanical way to check boost pressure?

http://amzn.com/B0006V2BS2

btw, he was asking me how we were reading boost and I was talking about the tuner, his laptop, and what Crome was reporting (0.0 psi) and he said that the stock map sensor shouldn't have had any ability to read boost pressure

·
Registered
21,509 Posts

http://amzn.com/B0006V2BS2

btw, he was asking me how we were reading boost and I was talking about the tuner, his laptop, and what Crome was reporting (0.0 psi) and he said that the stock map sensor shouldn't have had any ability to read boost pressure
Yes that tool will work as a mechanical test. JRSC tech is wrong as the stock map can read up to 10psi but NOT the stock ECU - which yours isnt so you're good. Chrome should have been able to see boost.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
He may have been noting that in its stock location, the map sensor will not read boost, seeing as is pre-charger.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Ah you know what, that's something I didn't consider. You're right, Chrome would report no boost with the map in the OEM location. HAH! I'm an idiot.

·
Registered
772 Posts

Amazon.com: Actron CP7803 Vacuum and Fuel Pressure Tester Kit: Automotive

That should work and Autozone has them in store for a little more and probably has them for rent too.

Autozone:
3570 N ANDREWS AVE
OAKLAND PARK, FL 33309
(954) 630-9006

Actron/3 1/2 in. face display 0-30 in. vacuum and 0-10 PSI pressure tester kit.
Actron/3 1/2 in. face display 0-30 in. vacuum and 0-10 PSI pressure tester kit (CP7803) | Vacuum Pressure Tester | AutoZone.com

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Ah you know what, that's something I didn't consider. You're right, Chrome would report no boost with the map in the OEM location. HAH! I'm an idiot.
Im saving this for black mail Casey!!

And what my tuner did was use a second MAP sensor connected post charger. Stock one was left in place to prevent a vacuum leak. Worked like a charm

I think we found steves problem...well atleast why chrome never saw boost. The fact that the SC is not building boost is another problem all together

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
I think we found steves problem...well atleast why chrome never saw boost. The fact that the SC is not building boost is another problem all together
We dont know that it's not.

Steve - you can block off the map sensor hole with a piece of aluminum drilled with 2 holes, then put a hose on the nipple of the stock map and run the tube to one of those capped spares on the intake manifold. Or here's a billet block off plate.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,816
This is what my Glowshift gauges are doing...... Emailing their tech support I got back "check your connections"..... total bullshit blow off answer

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
What constant power did you tap into? Gauge cluster?

Seems like its getting irregular power

Also, are the signal wires run correctly or atleast how they told you to wire them? I'm guessing there's a power, ground, signal, and dim/color change for when the head lights come on. Maybe you mixed up the signal and dim wires?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
This is what my Glowshift gauges are doing...... Emailing their tech support I got back "check your connections"..... total bullshit blow off answer
My ProSport gauges do that when the sensor portion is not hooked up - like you gave them power and ground but left the sensor unit unhooked completely.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,819
so picked up another Map sensor from a member.... this way i am taking zero chances of exposing a vacuum leak at the TB

Also got my mechanical vacuum gauge in today....

so this weekend i'll do my best to diagnose..... i'd like to do it during the week but life is busy and the fact it's pitch dark out at 6 pm doesn't help matters

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,820
1801 - 1820 of 6485 Posts