Team Integra Forums banner

1721 - 1740 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I wouldn't put the injectors in until you get to the shop. It takes ten minutes to switch out, tops. But I would test install them when you start putting everything back together so you don't have any hiccups or missing pieces when you do the real install at the shop

Also, you can drive the car with the sc and stock computer as long as you don't get on it. I drove mine for almost a month like that. Just gotta be a grandma and stay away from boost and 0 vacuum. The boost gauge is VERY helpful for that

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
John since I know you just did a sc install on your teg I figured it be good to ask you, did you stick with stock cam gears or go with adjustable cam gears and do you know how much your timing was adjusted if they adjusted it at all?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,724
Aparently it's a pressure switch relay for the JRSC FMU.

If you choose to not tune the car using your programmable ecu and just run the FMU then I guess you'll need it. If you get your car dyno tuned and dont use the FMU then you wont need it. Up to you I guess.

link describing it
another wtf...

look at his support bracket (dead flat):

and look at the one I have:

Guess we'll see what I get for a replacement

Attachments

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
know anyone with a few machines, looks like that could easily be homemade/copied with minimal effort, i was wondering why that was bent when u first showed a pic of it lol

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
as far as cam gears go, if you are unsure of needing them then you can just use my set, i have a set of AEM true time cam gears sitting at matts house, if you actually need them then you can grab those and use them (you can buy em or you can use em til you get your own, doesnt matter to me)

just an option i thought id throw out there

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,731
I was peeking at the instal directions for the AEMs... eeekk... looks like a LOT of work to get them on there...

I think we'll be all good with my stock cams and cam gears...

but for sure thanks

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
its actually not that hard....take vc off, cam caps off, slide belt off, impact gun the cam gears off, install in repeat order and set timing. easy peasy!

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
like they said it shouldnt take more than 20 min, but its up to you, they are there in orlando if you need them

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,737
So I picked up both a barbed brass fitting and a brass cap plug to take place of the broken Jackson sensor piece... if the boost gauge's tube will fit the barbed fitting, i'll use that, if it won't i'll use the cap...

I also went hunting this morning for some new Injector Seal Rings.... came up empty though....

I guess I am not sure if I even need to worry about it...... if I use the stock injectors I'm sure we can just swap out the seal rings as well over to the JRSC..... but if we use the DSM injectors, would/should I be picking up new rings? like I am not sure if the ones already on the car fit...

I have a part number for new ones, 16472-P10-A01 (Illustration # 002), but I cannot find a picture to match them up to what the guy included with the JRSC was three (uggh, one must have fallen out during shipping) of the ones that are on the right of this picture I got off Eric (codenamezero)

Attachments

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
I would stick with the oem 240cc injectors on your JRSC at 6psi. Dont bother with the DSM 450's.

I believe you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator as well. If the tuner needs more fuel add pressure to the stock injectors rather than working through the issues with the 450's.

but again, you'll be just fine with the 240's and a fuel pressure reg.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
I think i still have some 290cc prelude injectors. If you need just a little bump in fuel instead of running the 450's. Let me know. :)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,740
I'll just set aside these 450's for the day where i go MOAR B00ST !! :: snicker ::

====================

Got all the stuff I need for this weekend gathered up, I'll be loading up the car and heading up to Central FL this Friday morning..... giddy up!

1721 - 1740 of 6485 Posts