Team Integra Forums banner

141 - 160 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
headliner article =

I've been thinking of wrapping my headliner in suede and this article will definately be helpful to me.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Gaddamn, is this taking forever...

I spent 9 hours today putting in the dynamat (actually "eVise") and i am only 3/4 the way done....

Part of that time was spent cleaning the headliner and rear triangle panels thoroughly with some Simple Green, also spent a few minutes putting in the new ECU and Ostrich programmer...

Tomorrow I hope to finish the dynamatting and getting my new stereo stuff in...... but it may take some during-the-week "after work"-s to complete... we'll see I guess :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sounds sweet man, glad to hear you went with SMSP. I love it, however im feeling the need of upping to 3in when i go for my retune with the water/meth. Im already pushing my 2.5 pretty good. Doesnt sound like you have much more performance mods you wanna do yet so you will be fine. Sounds great though never-the-less. You pretty much built up your car the way you like it in no time. Looks hot! Thanks for the site!

Jason

PS hows that ecu comming along today?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I wish the Conversion Harness has longer wires, there's really no where for it to go, so as a result it makes the kickpanel cover annoyingly stick out.... ah well

Right now it's just running an OEM bin file, won't really start tearing into that much until I get the header/exhaust and AEM FPR installed.....

·
Registered
689 Posts
just curious if it engaged the fuel pump this time. I know the harness that I have, has to be angled very awkward to tighten down to the bolts. Makes like a J with more of a U shape. (if that makes sense) Looks the same though. anyway have fun.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Fuel pump problem = my stupid-ness

I had the wrong conversion harness, and TOTALLY failed to notice that before i sent it back.... I think i apologized to Chris @ Xenocron at least 6 times for wasting his time, lol

Here's a few pics of my work today

Passenger floorboard

I spent from noon to ~ 8:30 p working outside on the car putting in the eVise with just an hour or so break for dinner.... i just recently got done spending a few hours putting some sound deadening on the backside of any and all removable panels from the car...this included: both door panels, both rear side panels, the 3 snap-in interior panels from the hatch

So i am pretty much all done with the sound deadening except for the part of the car that the rear seat cushion sits, and still have 30 sq ft of the stuff left over... not sure what I am going to do with that just yet......

Damn, i really need to get to bed, i was planning on starting back up at 6:00 am or so.....

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Impressive work! Definitely something I'm going to be considering (because of the Magnaflow exhaust noise you probably remember).

How did you decide where to put it? Or is it just everywhere like it looks like lol.

Finally, that's only 40 lbs? I had always heard sound deadening material was relatively heavy (why people take it out sometimes. For the square footage you've got there, it seems very economical though!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
nice work!. i would die if i were to add 40 lbs of weight to my teg... im sitting here now, trying to think of a way to remove 40 lbs.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
steveyenisch on Jul/09/06 said:
How did you decide where to put it? Or is it just everywhere like it looks like lol.

Anything that you think would rattle or radiate noise

Quote: steveyenisch on Jul/09/06 Finally, that's only 40 lbs?

Yes

Quote: steveyenisch on Jul/09/06 Where did you get it, and how much was it?

Where and also a 20% coupon code

Quote: jameelrose on Jul/09/06 nice work!. i would die if i were to add 40 lbs of weight to my teg... im sitting here now, trying to think of a way to remove 40 lbs.
Not me.. i'll gladly trade a some weight for some peace and quiet.... and i haven't even used it all, I'm going to have just under 1/3rd of it left, so i've really only added ~28 pounds

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
steveyenisch on Jul/10/06 said:
Cool, glad it worked out for you. What kind of exhaust are you planning on getting?
it's mentioned just a few pages ago... full SMSP setup

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yeah, I dynamatted my trunk awhile back. I was really surprised at the difference that just the trunk made in road noise. I might look into doing the rest of the car soon.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #158 (Edited)
So riding around for almost a week enough with that sound deadening and the changed out Stereo equipment.... very happy

Today i put on the B&M Pressure Filter that I got from member Gvtec and changed out my fuel filter while I was at it (turned that into an article as well)

one more immediate/pressing problem to take care of: my clutch master cylinder needs to be replaced, I should have the replacement in my possession tomorrow and looking at my Helms manual it doesn't look to be that difficult of a self install

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #159 (Edited)
So my Clutch Master Cylinder is replaced.. spent $100 for the part at the local Auto Parts store, followed the Helms manual and done deal... (article coming soon)

Also got my AEM Adjustable FPR in today (did article-ize this install)

Should have the header/exhaust in this week sometime... hope to have that installed and the car fully tuned for the Dragon Run.. i so can't wait.... not only willl it be a great meetup because of location, but i'll get to meet a whole new group of members

141 - 160 of 6485 Posts