43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,242
So hopefully some night in the next few days I'll have the time to install this

I've already got a switch in place to control it

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,244
Hmmmm....as I was installing the solenoid yesterday i had my rear seats out... since mine are USDM ITR seats it has the plastic divider thing in between the seat bottoms... I wonder if I could pull off flush mounting this into that space... that would be pretty neat (although it would expose a part of my system to prying eyes, guess i could build a cover for it)

MorningZ on Feb/08/11 said:
lol...going through some closets cleaning up and stuff and ran across this:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
haha wow, that equalizer is sooo old school lol. I'm betting that's what you used for the days of the white teg. Anyways, car is looking top notch as always Stephen, Ill be down in Pompano here in like a month, maybe some cruise/go out for a beer action when I come down?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,246
****... it's older than that !

I had this in my Blazer back in like 1995... it hasn't been powered up since at least 1998 at this point

·
Registered
379 Posts
MorningZ on Feb/07/11 said:
Nice!

Too bad i already spent the $77, not going to be spending $100 anytime soon on more of it.......

I'm still so stoked about how detailed-up my car is right now....i want to drive it but i don't want to get it dirty, lol
I feel you on that one. It's always when I detail my car they're doing construction work on the roads.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,248
So had to get up at 6:30 this morning to check on some stuff for work that ran over night.....also gave me time to wash the Teg before it got too hot and sunny out.......

hungry718 was supposed to come over so we could work on his stereo system, but he cancelled, so i took the opportunity to:

1) Raise the car up an inch (having adjustable coil sleeves really rocks)....i'm tired of tearing through tires, plus it's finally time I get an alignment....buddy of mine knows someone who can do a good enough alignment on a lowered car... hopefully middle of this coming week I can get that done...

2) Painted my brake calipers... I was going to go with the "G2" branded kit, but I read just as good reviews on the Duplicolor kit, which also happened to be half the price...... I pulled most of my painter's tape away, i'll take off the rest in a few hours once the paint has dried more

Why red? because they'll match some new stuff I have coming in early this week
I'll post about them once they are here.....

Also, so far so good on the cleaned IACV, i haven't had ANY idle issues since Pat was able to get it off to clean it out

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Looks good!

The red calipers are going to go great with your new setup.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,251
lol.. that's just an accident/coincidence that i have those...

actually, now that i think of it, my jack is blue as well

========================================

Here's some "complete" pics of the calipers painted:

And of the car raised up just a little (like 3/4" to an inch)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,252
btw, i was having a little issue with adjusting the GC's to raise the car up...

i was having difficulty twisting the adjustments up because the springs were fighting me...so i was on GC's site looking at a spanner tool

but they try to talk people out of buying one right on that page:

==================================
The most common misconception why people think they may need a spanner, is that they are tilting the car on its side to adjust the collars, so they are fighting the swaybars. The swaybars are designed to keep the car from tilting by pushing against the suspension, which makes it difficult to turn the adjuster by hand.
==================================

I was jacking the car up from the side, as doing it from the middle in the back is impossible because of my Comptech bar... i can't jack up on that because it will bend/possibly-break trying to lift the car on there.... any suggestions ?

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
MorningZ on Feb/26/11 said:
I was jacking the car up from the side, as doing it from the middle in the back is impossible because of my Comptech bar... i can't jack up on that because it will bend/possibly-break trying to lift the car on there.... any suggestions ?
Jack up on the tiedown point in the center of the car in the rear. That big welded loop. Then put the jack stands under the jack points on the left and right.

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
jack it up from your rear towhook.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,258
so called Ground Control, they are hooking me up with a spanner tool, i only had to pay the $5 for shipping....

so the reason why i painted the calipers red was to match my new shoes !!I've got some red locking tuner lug nuts on the way, but they won't be here until later this week....

sorry, this is the only pic i have right now, i have to finish swapping out the rest of the rims after work....

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
^Hot! Looking good as always. Keep it up.

·
Registered
608 Posts
MorningZ on Feb/18/11 said:
Hmmmm....as I was installing the solenoid yesterday i had my rear seats out... since mine are USDM ITR seats it has the plastic divider thing in between the seat bottoms... I wonder if I could pull off flush mounting this into that space... that would be pretty neat (although it would expose a part of my system to prying eyes, guess i could build a cover for it)

Quote: MorningZ on Feb/08/11lol...going through some closets cleaning up and stuff and ran across this:
if you get this installed before you go to the dragon, i'll bring my laptop and RTA your sound system for you.

1241 - 1260 of 6485 Posts