43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,222
lol...going through some closets cleaning up and stuff and ran across this:

heck, this thing is probably older than half the people on this site

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,224
I haven't had the OEQ-1 actually installed and part of a system for a good 15-16 years now..... but I will get it into the Teg at some point....

====================================

Ordered a MUCH needed part last night, a 200 amp solenoid so I can completely disconnect my stereo system while the car is not going to be driven for a while

hopefully this helps me avoid battery issues in the future

·
Registered
272 Posts
That solenoid looks like a good idea.

I assume the large gold/brass plated terminals are
Terminal 1 - Incoming (+) from battery/after in-line fuse
Terminal 2 - Outgoing (+) to amp

Is there a separate ground terminal or is the housing the ground itself?
Is the switch built into the solenoid or does it have 2 other terminals for In/Out to switch?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,227
there is no need to do anything with the ground...

the two smaller terminals are (one is hidden in the pic above):
- one of them going to ground
- one to 12v when you want the solenoid "connected"

so it'll be like:

12v --> switch --> solenoid

switch = on = power flows through

switch = off = power no flow

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
MorningZ on Feb/09/11 said:
I haven't had the OEQ-1 actually installed and part of a system for a good 15-16 years now..... but I will get it into the Teg at some point....

====================================

Ordered a MUCH needed part last night, a 200 amp solenoid so I can completely disconnect my stereo system while the car is not going to be driven for a while

hopefully this helps me avoid battery issues in the future

Hey Steve, The audio components shouldn't be drawing power from the battery when the car is off (key out) should they? Would simply disconnecting the battery terminals do the same thing as the solenoid?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,235
echelonwarrior on Feb/09/11 said:
there like super jdm/cdm/ukdm rare! anyword if these will ever be made again steve?
btw, i like to think of them as "ti-dm"

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Probably a late suggestion, but what about a battery disconect switch like this?
I have one like that on the racecar and it's kept my little lightweight battery lasting for years. And the smaller batteries are notorious for dying quickly. Or is this basically what the solinoid will do?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,239
Zook: too late, already have the solenoid waiting for me when I get home.... it'll work great.... btw, the one i bought is just an electronic controlled version of what you posted...I was all ready to buy one with the red switch thing, but i was reading reviews that its a large, baseball-sized area that is needed to install (something my non-stripped Teg doesn't have available, lol)

Lance: I think I had 30 total sets made.... the guy that did them no longer does any floor mats... another member and I were just poking around looking the other day

·
Super Moderator
14,172 Posts
I forgot those mats were even made. Would've picked up a set but they'd look weird with tan interior......wish I had grabbed a set anyway.

1221 - 1240 of 6485 Posts