Team Integra Forums banner

101 - 120 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
So on Sunday morning i got the rest of my body kit installed....

its not the OEM kit, but rather replica sides that I got off eBay and the rear valences are from StreetStyler....

They look all right, FOR SURE the OEM pieces would fit better, but I just really couldn't spend upwards of $800 (after painting) on OEM......

·
Registered
220 Posts
How is the fitment on the streetstyler rear valences?

I ordered some about...I duno, a month ago, and I'm still waiting for them to come in.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
vtecjunkee on Apr/04/06 said:
How much did the shop charge to paint your replica side skirts? If you don't mind my asking.

BTW your car looks hotness!

The shop i brought them to offered me two choices:

1) $105 to just straight up paint them
2) $198 to fix them up, fill dents, and strengthen, then paint

I chose #2 and they took two days... couldnt have asked for better service....

Quote: shopmyteg on Apr/04/06 How is the fitment on the streetstyler rear valences?

I ordered some about...I duno, a month ago, and I'm still waiting for them to come in.
Not close to perfect.... but close enough i guess, the biggest problem is the curve/bend on the part that screws into the backside of the car, little bit of gap around the corner.....

The skirts needed some dremeling (i did as asked by the body shop and did all this plus drilled screw holes BEFORE bringing them to him) and the passenger side fits great, but the driver side is about 1/4 too long and the curvature where the, hmm not sure what to call it so i'll use "flare", after the door is a lot less "not as close" as the other side

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
btw, i forgot to talk about whats up next

- Throwing around the idea of SMSP header/exhaust and a Xenoncron ECU/Harness combo... but just haven't commited just yet to going on with the engine, I still, and yes i know this is totally subjective, feel the car is fast enough for me, i'm still getting used to the fact i am no longer driving 6 years in my auto LS

·
Registered
469 Posts
MorningZ on Apr/04/06 said:
btw, i forgot to talk about whats up next

- Throwing around the idea of SMSP header/exhaust and a Xenoncron ECU/Harness combo
Finally some performance mods. But it looks very clean with the new valances and side skirts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
So it's been a while since i updated.....

as mentioned in the previous reply, engine stuff is in the works....

just the other day received my modified P75 and Ostrich programmer from Chris at Xenocron, and a certain mod from this site hooked me up with an extra AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator he had...... will soon be ordering a full SMSP setup (great current topic on this setup btw)

Also recently upgraded my front speakers to a set of Rockford Fosgate 6x8 component set (topic in "Projects" about this one), and after a little re-wiring of my Kicker 5 channel amp to accomodate this new setup, I discovered that one of the channels on the amp is bad, so : sigh :, i am currently shopping for some new amps to power my system......

·
Registered
678 Posts
Ooooh... let me know how the Ostrich works out for you. I'm interested in getting that (vs like hondata).

Performance mods... I like it :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
For some reason, in the pic of your speakers, it kind of looks like the silk dome on your tweeter is smashed up against the tweeter pod. Is it just me? Anyhow, that's a good idea of getting the 6x8s in there, I had never thought of anything like that. Awesome car, I like the clean replica OEM look. Good luck with your future endeavors.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
it is just you

it's not pressed against anything..... in fact, there's a good 1/4 to 1/2 an inch between the tweeter cone and the OEM grill... its just hard to tell that from the pics i took

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Well I am so glad you got rid of those curb scraping rims you had before. Car almost looks like mine now minus the paint, ITR spoiler, and CF hood. I very much approve of the new rims. Obviously with my old age the drop would just kill me getting in and out (my minor drop is a pain now) but it doesn't bother you (except when you have to load the walker LOL). Any way slap a nice RSR exhaust on there and Gunmetal GrillCraft grill and you're good to go. Either way the car looks banging.

101 - 120 of 6485 Posts