Team Integra Forums banner

1021 - 1040 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
steelmatt6 on Oct/17/10 said:
The valve cover turned out really nice! If you don't mind me asking, what brand of wrinkle red paint did you use? Every time I go to a local auto parts store, I never see any of the "wrinkle" paint material. Turned out good though. Hope you get the oil leak fixed in the future
I don't think you will find any in the store, it was powder coated with a special Ketu recipe

·
Registered
872 Posts
As far as the leak goes.. I guarantee its the felpro gasket. I bought two one seated right and the other didn't. What I noticed was that the felpro gasket is about a quarter inch too long for the vc. The oem one fits perfectly though and is like ten bucks. you can probably reuse the felpro grommets and spark plug seals though.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Bingo...the gasket seals fine. If you look at the leakage, its all below the head leading it to be the headgasket. To avoid pulling off the head completely, could you let captain hondabond do his thing on that corner? As Casey said, it's just a drainback IE not under pressure so it should hold.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,026
sgtmillhouse648 on Oct/18/10 said:
could you let captain hondabond do his thing on that corner?
dun dun duuun!!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
^
Omg, that picture is hilarious! For some reason, right when I saw the picture...the Indiana Jones theme started playing in my head...w?? haha

but

Yes, I would not worry about the oil leak too much right now. Like you said, it's more of an annoyance than a problematic issue.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,029
one screenshot from the movie "Strange Brew" + a few seconds of Google Image Search + half a minute of Photoshop

I'll give sealing up that corner with some Hondabond soon, i'd like to see if that can make a difference at all... just went through all that trouble, still kind of miffed that the leak still exists.....

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
MorningZ on Oct/18/10 said:
dun dun duuun!!

ZOMG HOSEHEAD!!!! Actually I didn't know that anyone else had ever seen that movie...best dog ever...

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
echelonwarrior on Oct/18/10 said:
Quote: MorningZ on Oct/18/10 Quote: sgtmillhouse648 on Oct/18/10 could you let captain hondabond do his thing on that corner?

dun dun duuun!!

HAAHAHHHAHAHA IM CRYIING STEVE I REALLY AM!!!!! ill gladly hondabond that bissh

omg. so much win!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,033
Wow... so I am in the chat room and talking about how long ago people got there tegs, I figured out that today makes 5 years since I got the SSBP....

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,036
Dustin96LS on Oct/20/10 said:
Wooott! Cheers to 5 more years of ownership! Hard to believe I didn't even have my learner's permit 5 years ago.

Grumpy Old Guy voice: I remember when we only had Honda !! none of this Acura non-sense !!

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
MorningZ on Oct/20/10 said:
Quote: Dustin96LS on Oct/20/10Wooott! Cheers to 5 more years of ownership! Hard to believe I didn't even have my learner's permit 5 years ago.

Grumpy Old Guy voice: I remember when we only had Honda !! none of this Acura non-sense !!

LOL teggy grampa eh? did ya have to walk 17 miles thru the snow to the nearest honda dealership ;]

·
Registered
335 Posts
echelonwarrior on Oct/20/10 said:
LOL teggy grampa eh? did ya have to walk 17 miles thru the snow to the nearest honda dealership ;]
not just 17 miles through the snow, but up hill both ways...or atleast there, then the drive back with your new car :p (when you said that it reminded me of how my dad always said he walked everywhere uphill both ways...wtf?)

anywho, congrats on the 5 year mark, and heres to another 5 years, then 5 more, and as many more years as you decide to keep the car

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I remember when you had the white automatic and the SSBP at the same time. Doesn't seem THAT long ago. Depressing how fast time goes!

1021 - 1040 of 6485 Posts