Team Integra Forums banner

981 - 1000 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #985
DaddyCat on Oct/09/10 said:
Quote: MorningZ on Oct/09/10 its not "cool" one single bit

OMG Steve you crack me up somedays. I hope the carbon fiber turns out like you want. I'm happy the new suspension is working well for you.
Well, people post some dumb stuff sometimes...... the bubbling is a major issue, it's not cool or wanted or desired in any way, shape or form

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
tlangy on Oct/09/10 said:
Send me the gauge pod whenever, i have plenty of leftover fake and real CF from my last projects. Also, keep an eye on that OEM cam seal plug, it's a piece of ****. for bling factor you might want to check out the ebay ones if it starts to leak.
For information sake, its not the plug that leaks. Its the O-ring on the plug. Those aftermarket plugs are a bling factor only.

And Steve when you put the new OEM plug and seal combo in, smear a line of RTV under the lip of the cap. This will put a seal betweent the cap "head" and the cylinder head. Along with the O-ring behind that seal, you should not have any leaking problems.

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Meh, maybe it was my install but when I put one of those OEM ones in leaked just like the first OEM one I had in. Maybe I just didn't put in enough hondabond, either way, I went with a no-name brand that sealed it up right as rain. And i'm back home steve so send it any time.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Having owned one of Quadpods products before, I am really surprised that this happened. The quality seemed to be very good...

Did you talk to Mike about it? I was gonna get one of these and I am VERY hesitant now after seeing your pics.

Hope it all works out with the cf wrap dude.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #993
Well, the original one I got was fine sun-wise, but then I sent it back to try to alleviate the glare issue, so it was a custom new "hood" created, and that's having the sun issues

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
JustinKlemgold on Oct/05/10 said:
Mask off something that is going to be covered up...that doesn't make much sense. I think that VC looks sweet as hell.
It makes perfect sense when you consider that it's "covered up" by an o-ring, hose, or some other type of seal that expects a nice smooth surface to mate with.

This seems to be the case on the cap, breather, and the 8 stud holes that have washers. Same goes for the threads inside the oil cap hole, some of that could potentially flake off into the head after repeated usage of the oil cap (and the cap gets plenty of use feeding oil to the VTEC gremlins
).

I guess they'll still seal well enough since it's not exactly a super high pressure area, and it's mainly sealing against vapor and splashes of oil. I would have spent the few extra minutes to do the masking though.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
drcheap on Oct/11/10 said:
Quote: JustinKlemgold on Oct/05/10Mask off something that is going to be covered up...that doesn't make much sense. I think that VC looks sweet as hell. It makes perfect sense when you consider that it's "covered up" by an o-ring, hose, or some other type of seal that expects a nice smooth surface to mate with.

This seems to be the case on the cap, breather, and the 8 stud holes that have washers. Same goes for the threads inside the oil cap hole, some of that could potentially flake off into the head after repeated usage of the oil cap (and the cap gets plenty of use feeding oil to the VTEC gremlins
).

I guess they'll still seal well enough since it's not exactly a super high pressure area, and it's mainly sealing against vapor and splashes of oil. I would have spent the few extra minutes to do the masking though.
^ Well said. Plus, Am I the only one who likes unmasking something that has just been painted and seeing the results?! Ha its quite rewarding.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #998
Alright, update time....first, weird update

was up in my old stomping grounds for my HS class reunion and went and picked up a buddy of mine who lives on an unpaved road.... leaving his house, i don't remember anything out of the ordinary, but something happened where my driver side spring got fully compressed, and stuck....

So my car was this low

I don't really know when it happened, or more importantly why, but it did and I was driving the rest of the night (about 30 miles total) with zero travel in my suspension

this morning I got up early, was going to adjust the GC's, and when I jacked the car up and took the weight off the spring/shock, POP! the spring uncompressed and it was back to normal after lowering it

So something got jammed in there or something happened where the spring was binding up somehow... :: shrug ::, fixed now, but still a mystery

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #999
Update dos for today.... stopped by K2's house this afternoon for the redone Valve Cover install, while in the general vicinity, we replaced the Cam Seal plug, the distributer o-ring, and the VTEC solenoid's gasket..... it's-a-veeeery-nice !

Before (yuck)

Incoming !

In process

Other new stuffs

K2 working w/ the VTEC solenoid gasket (it was old and crusty, so that was *probably* the source of my slow oil seepage problem)

K2 and echlonwarrior (or as I like to call him, "Captain Hondabond") chatting while working on the stuff

Complete 1, 2, 3 !!!

981 - 1000 of 6485 Posts