Team Integra Forums banner

921 - 940 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #923
MKZAcura has a pic of a SweetTeg's car getting saved by a beach ranger this morning [:)]

My car got stuck twice, both times the people I was with were able to push me free from the sand's evil clutches

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
MorningZ on Sep/12/10 said:
So learned the hard way today that:

Lowered Teg + beach driving = fail

We did get some nice pics out if it, bit it's no fun having your car buried in the sand unable to move :)

Pics to come later when I make it home, I'm still 90 mins from home, but stopped to eat
Quoted for truth. You don't wanna learn this the hard way with a done up blonde in your car waiting to do a photoshoot. At least my rear tires were still on sidewalk and i could push the car out with my tow hook.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
MKZAcura on Sep/12/10 said:
Quote: MorningZ on Sep/12/10MKZAcura has a pic of a SweetTeg's car getting saved by a beach ranger this morning

My car got stuck twice, both times the people I was with were able to push me free from the sand's evil clutches

Better yet I have a video of the Ranger pulling him out. Soon to be uploaded.
i'm stoked to see these! lol. that was quite the adventure though :]

reference:

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #927
New toys picked up today

Ground Controls arrived:

As did the Clock Pod... now my gauges shouldn't reflect in the windshield, can't wait for it to get dark out so i can check

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Head's up on the ground controls... I'd highly recommend putting some anti-seize on the hex key perch bolts (in the gold rings). Also DO NOT torque these down uber tight, just snug them up once you've picked your ride height.

You dont want them to seize up and ruin your ability to adjust. They wont move with the weight of a car on them.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
MeltMan on Sep/13/10 said:
Head's up on the ground controls... I'd highly recommend putting some anti-seize on the hex key perch bolts (in the gold rings). Also DO NOT torque these down uber tight, just snug them up once you've picked your ride height.

You dont want them to seize up and ruin your ability to adjust. They wont move with the weight of a car on them.
Yah, they hardly need to be tightened at all, really.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #930
Alright some of these pics are two pages back, but I wanted to put all my favorite pics from this weekend's big TI FL meetup on one post so I can table-of-contents-it

The Big F-in TI Banner in use:

BORICUA2004's car and my car..... it was awesome to hang out with Angel, a member that signed up 8.5 years ago that I haven't seen in 6-7 years now

Did the best we could do with a limited picture spot.... not really sure why the S2K driver decided to jump in the middle of the group of Tegs, but whatever

onto the Ocean Center, we were at the loading docks and got creative/daring

Kay-yay, Leo, Max and K2

Beached jellyfish, the source of an hour+ of entertainment.....

onto driving on Daytona Beach.... filed under "bad idea", lol

All in all a good weekend... had to deal with a few unpleasant things/situations there, but it's all good, someone had to deal with it

·
Super Moderator
7,789 Posts
I think those "beached jellyfish" are actually eggs of some sort unless the picture is deceiving. Pretty cool!

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Sweet photos! Looks like it was a great time!

Your car looks great as always.

·
Super Moderator
14,172 Posts
I've actually been thinking of taking some pictures of my car on the loading dock at work although it's at a garage door not open like those.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #934
So adjusted Clock-Pod = didn't help much as you can see from this pic i took a few nights ago
... the glare is literally right in my line-of-sight if i look to make a right hand turn

I guess I'll concentrate my efforts on dimming down the Volt meter (the one on the left)

SweetTeg is coming over tomorrow, we'll be putting the GC's on my car, and then working on some items on his car... should be a fun day of working on Tegs
....I hope to get enough time to put in my oil relo kit as well, even though I'm still not sure "where" it is going to go

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
SweetTeg is coming over tomorrow, we'll be putting the GC's on my car, and then working on some items on his car...

make sure he has all his wrenches and tool out of your engine bay and OFF your crank pulley

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #937
echelonwarrior on Sep/18/10 said:
that pic kinda reminds me of the projector gauges the corvettes use lol

Except mine is upside down and backwards

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
echelonwarrior on Sep/18/10 said:
SweetTeg is coming over tomorrow, we'll be putting the GC's on my car, and then working on some items on his car...

make sure he has all his wrenches and tool out of your engine bay and OFF your crank pulley
lawl. all things went great. his car can haz wheel gap!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #939
Here's some pics of the Ground Controls installed... HUGE thanks to SweetTeg for the install, my payback was some security for his new Integra... that's the best kind of day where two tegs are better after it

Adjustable Ground Controls = win !

After we first lowered the car off Jackstands (before adjusting the perches)

Ahhh yes, MUCH more drivable

These are super easy to raise up and lower down, so when Dragon '11 comes to be, i'll be able to drop her stance for some intense cornering action :)

921 - 940 of 6485 Posts