Team Integra Forums banner

761 - 780 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Nice find on the CF shift knob!

Just try and find some time to get back under the car and retorque everything that was touched that you could see..

If its still happening then examine further.. its the only way to get rid of that.
I had used to have a clunk and couldnt understand where it was coming from.. i always blamed the stiff motor mounts for the noise..

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
how much does it way? that doesn't look too bad..

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #765
i don't really have any way to weigh it (get it?
).... it feels around the same weight as an ITR knob, but that's just a rough guess

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
My type-S came with the aspec aluminum shift knob...it was heavy...too heavy for my tastes. I "downgraded" to the regular plastic/metal shift knob. I think it's much better.

My point is I didn't like the heaviness of the aluminum weighted knob. If it's about the same as the ITR, however, that is the perfect weight.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #769
Shift knob = installed (ugghh.. the car is so dirty everywhere, she'll be detailed this weekend when I am up at my parents house)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #772
hmm... the auction listing states "100% real Carbon Fiber"... i dunno though, $17 shipped for real CF seems "too good to be true"

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #775
So complete win...

drove the teg to the basketball courts and back today.... i TOTALLY dig the feel of the new shift know... since it's not metal like my last one was, it wasn't hot to touch after having the car sit out in the sun all day.....

still got that annoying "clunk" going from dead stop to moving....... i don't know if SweetTeg has any time tomorrow or Thurs night to help me go through checking that everything is tight, otherwise i make the trip with this clunk in tact......

also, my front suspension has seemingly digressed to it's "too low" state, i'm rubbing the inner fender on sharp slow turns again... :: sigh ::

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I have a clunk as well in my car....it sounds very similar to what you're describing. I noticed it the first time I test drove it...I am betting it's a transmission mount. I haven't gotten down/under there to look, though. It seems to only do it in first gear.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #778
thats like Greek to me..... there's so many nuts and bolts back there i wouldn't even begin to know which one you are talking about

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
the bolt he's refering to should be on the back of the "T" bracket in the rear. it should be visible when looking from the passenger side when looking under the IM, you might need to remove the intake piping to better/easier view this. but a bolt/torque inspection would be recommended.

761 - 780 of 6485 Posts