Team Integra Forums banner

721 - 740 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #722
:: sigh of relief ::

No more hole in my dash.......call me satisfied for now..... that is until I drive the teg at night and see the difference in brightness....

I did think of an easy solution though...the dimmer is something I typically don't mess with.... my dimmer could be cranked all the way up or all the way down or 1/2 way i have no idea....

so i thought i would hook the volt gauge to the dimmer, and then the oil gauge to ground (which is "maximum brightness"), then I could just use the car's dimmer to dim the voltage gauge to match...and whatever brightness my cluster and A/C controls are... then so be it....

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Actually I wondered what would happen if you spliced a small pot in line with the brighter gauge to coordinate the two. I hate having the actual cluster dim though :(

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #724
yay LSD-ness achieved !!

Thanks to Brian for sending me to Matt who in turn looped me in with Abdiel to get Carlos and Jose to install it !

Surveying what needs to be done

Housing is out.... what's left behind:

Cracked open

No LSD... adios

Housing all cleaned up

Matt's teg, then Abdiel's, then mine all ripped apart...

Drove the 250 miles home after we were done, but it was a straight shot down the FL turnpike, so before you ask "does it make a difference" and "how does it feel"... i honestly won't know until I leave for North Carolina in a few weeks...Florida's flat and straight roads totally suck !!

Thanks again to everyone involved......

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
lmfao. both of ya'll are broken, abdiel's weaksauced car, and matt's choice of jdm tight wurdz.

glad this got done, you're welcome man! and pleaseeeeee punch it!!! i think i may do lsd in the future

*not the drug

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #730
echelonwarrior on Jul/04/10 said:
i wanted a ride =[ and i no got to pop no vtaks =[ =[ =[ bleh

yesterday wasn't the time to get on the car......long ride home, so i knew the car needed to be taken easy on... there will be another time...indeed there will

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #731
Ugghhh

So i just drove the GSR for the first time since I got home from the install......

now mind you, my drive home 8 days ago was 230 miles, with 220 of those miles being a straight shot down the FL turnpike... never left 5th gear, never had to shift, etc...

So now I just went out for a 20 mile spin to run some errands.... lots of creepy creaks and croans coming from the transmission area, plus a pretty pronounced "clunk" when I went from a standstill to moving in first gear....

If it's something I should really be concerned with I do not know yet.... maybe the LSD needs a little break in time, who knows.....

All i know is that in two weeks I'll be putting around 2300+ miles on the car and I at least am a little worried

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
integraGSBoy on Jul/12/10 said:
searched a little through your thread and was unable to find what lsd it was.

lsd's can sometimes make clunk noises especially Kaaz which i believe is a clutch type.

OEM ITR.

First thing I would do is make sure all the mounts are TIGHT.

You can get a clunk and groans if the rear t-bracket is not tight, or if other mounts are not tight.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
let me know if you need any help/work done. i have most mornings free up n till the dragon and i can probably get a full thursday off if need be. hopefully it's just breaking in or a motor mount bolt. it wouldn't hurt to get under there and check the bolts(pita they are though)

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
What fluid did you use to fill the trans back up? OEM honda?

I guess I forgot as well, what tires are you running this year?

·
Super Moderator
7,789 Posts
My OEM LSD makes NO NOISE AT ALL and it, along with the transmission were brand new. It should not be making any weird noises.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #740
chickwithastick on Jul/13/10 said:
My OEM LSD makes NO NOISE AT ALL and it, along with the transmission were brand new. It should not be making any weird noises.
Yeah, i don't think that it's "all LSD's make this noise" or anything, but rather something install wise.....the posts above give me a few lines of things to check on

721 - 740 of 6485 Posts