Team Integra Forums banner

6181 - 6200 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,181 (Edited)
(this post is part # 2, click here to scroll up to see part # 1)

Part 2:

Here's some of "the crew"

Heading out from the garage, time to get out there !

On grid:

And a few pictures of actually being out there! Max speed I got: 151 mph (just a tic over the 150 marker).... pretty much averaged 140 on the two long stretches of track, I was absolutely butchering Turn 1 (into the infield) for most the weekend, i finally found my line during the last few laps in my last session. The car itself did so well out there, and this was good for my personal psyche, as I was out there to drive my baby hard and put "life" out of my head for even 20 mins a time.... mission accomplished

Posted earlier in post but for sake of keeping it all together:

Short video coming off turn "NASCAR 3"

14 min video of me running in Novice group (i missed my Intermediate session, so they let me out here to give me seat time)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
Good job Z. Getting away from 'life' while behind the wheel is one of the reasons I love the track.

Was that 151 indicated on the speedo, or from the GPS data?

I've found the speedo in mine accumulates error rapidly over 90mph. My indicated 120 on track last year was actually 109 (almost 10%, GPS vs speedo).

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,188
Next adventure for me and the car: back to Roebling Road on Nov 21st/22nd with "JustTrackIt" for the third time this calendar year... Nabil, who owns/runs the group, was a huge fan of Diana and talked me into attending...

Hopefully it's nice and cool out then, the JRSC loves the cold :)

·
Super Moderator
14,175 Posts
- Happy to report that after YEARS of dealing with the issue, that the stainless steel upgrade for the methanol tank was a complete success, no leaks
Honestly, I never thought you'd get that tank to work.

Reactions: Dustin96LS

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Forgot to add earlier, I changed the front pads on the track along with the tires. The olds ones looked like this:

Someone mentioned in the pits that they were pushed well beyond their heat limit. I thought it looked cool lol. A lot of the ash fell off when I pulled them from the caliper

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
Pulse the brakes. Pretend your foot is slow ABS. It helps to keep things from overheating. Hard on the pedal, then off, then hard on the pedal, then off. Should take 3-4 pulses to get things down, then make sure you run a cool-down lap to cool off the rotors.

EDIT: Learned that bit from my dad.

Who worked with SCCA at Riverside Raceway in CA back in the 60s, before it got turned into a parking lot.

He occasionally got to wheel around in things like a GT40 or a Sunbeam Tiger.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,195
New addition to the specialized tool collection arrived yesterday....

Looking to change out both brake and clutch fluid this weekend in preparation for next weekend's Roebling Road event

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,198
Changed out the oil last night, wow, gets dirty quick (and was pretty watery), not sure last time i changed it, but it wasn't too long ago.

Also put an AC belt back on there, my new torque mount requires be to actually remove the nuts and bolts from the driver side engine mount to be able to push down the motor and then slip the belt around the torque mount like it needs to be

And then, fun fun fun

Brake duct line from Daytona carnage... it didn't rub with car at rest, but turn right with suspension under load and tire rubz

I spent some time rerouting it, thought I had it !!

But: womp woooomp

Will work in it more tomorrow.... I have an idea, just need time to implement it

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
That's not to bad of a rub at all. That relocation should do the trick it seems.

How do you like the traction bar? I've been debating on purchasing one. I still consider my car to be in test phase tons of little things I'd like to work out suspension wise.

6181 - 6200 of 6485 Posts