1,748 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,082 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Love the creativity going on here. I'm still disapointed that molds were never pulled from the RealTime Racing design. It is pretty much flawless as you would expect from them:

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,086
So back from my Labor Day getaway and come home to ugggh, the car on jack stands like it has been for a few weeks.

Picked up a few things for the turn signal intakes....

Using a 4 pole trailer connector for the light leads

and i thought I'd use a Clevis Pin like this to hold the hose to the assembly, it's kind of hard without the hose in place to see what I'm trying to accomplish, but I'll have it together in the next few days and it'll make sense

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
Hmm....clevis pin might work, but you'll want a ring to keep the edge of the hose from folding back. Any reason you don't want to go for smoothing down the mounting flange and using a clamp?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,088
because i won't be able to slide the whole thing into the bumper opening

this will work, it just doesn't make sense showing it half done i suppose...

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
because i won't be able to slide the whole thing into the bumper opening

this will work, it just doesn't make sense showing it half done i suppose...
It makes perfect sense to me. Really. I'm concerned the hose may not have enough structure to sustain its connection to the housing with only 2 points of retention like that.

Hopefully that makes sense though.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Lookin good Steve! I forsee maybe one of these to hook the hose to the turn signal "bung"?

Home Depot Racing should have whatever size combo you need, plus it would be super air tight = less loss.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,092
That's too big to fit into the bumper opening, i want to be able to take the assembly off...

No one needs to worry about other plans for the house to hosing, i got this !! Just need the time to implement it

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,093
Worked on the stainless line run for the methanol injection a little yesterday:

Pump all done up in AN fittings:

Was a major league b-tch, but got the line run through the firewall spot by the battery tray

I need to tuck the wire in the front and sides and run under the rear seat storage, but wanted to see how close I was to ordering the right length of stainless line. As you can see I did a really piss poor job on the length as I only need to get to about a foot in front of the storage tank but I have almost 3-4 feet extra... hope it won't be difficult to stash this away

Looking to wrap up ALL the things by the end of this weekend to get her road worthy

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,094
Slow steady drum beat of progress

I haven't figured out the path of the duct yet to avoid turning wheels and suspension travel, but I've had enough today, it was a long tough week of work (and i only worked 4 days! felt like 10!)... i'll tackle more this weekend

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,095 (Edited)
I also had to replace the driver axle (which I had an extra of)... @integratuner77 would have been proud... i went out to the back yard to the fire pit, pulled out a red brick, and knocked that old one out in one whack... best... tool.... evar!!!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,098
Alrighty... Version 1.0 (I can TOTALLY see me changing some things up down the road) is complete.... after I was all done I took it around the block a bit listening for rubbing and didn't hear anything...

To the pics !! I won't really commentate them, just put them here as they are self explanatory... it's JB Weld and Duct Tape holding the dual LED bulb in place, that will be addressed in "Version 2.0" whenever that is

Attachments

6081 - 6100 of 6485 Posts