Team Integra Forums banner

5901 - 5920 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,903
So I ended up removing the header, the oil pan and then the oil pump... replaced that seal and then reassembled... car fired right up and i let it run for a few minutes while I looked for leaks, didn't see any initially, here's crossing my fingers that this issue is behind me...

Does sound like i need to do a valve lash job as it sounded like the middle exhaust valve area was chattering pretty good.... ah well, at least that is an easy enough task...

Heading back to Roebling Rd on July 11th, that "JustTrackIt" group has another weekend event there, it's very difficult to turn down a full weekend of driving for just $250...

http://justtrackit.net/upcoming-event-information/roebling-july-2015/

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
My lower timing belt cover is pretty beat up on the inside too, the lack of having the inner cover had something to do with it.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh I wish I could go back to roebling. Fall can't come soon enough

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
My lower timing belt cover is pretty beat up on the inside too, the lack of having the inner cover had something to do with it.
^This.

Also, I saw it mentioned in another thread, on possibly Josh's motor tear down? Those little metal shims/inserts that go in the timing covers, are there to keep the covers from touching moving parts like the t-belt and timing gear/etc.. Without them, when you tighten the timing cover bolts in squeezes the plastic of the cover and squishes it "in", towards movey things.

Just some insight.

Wish I could make Roebling Steve, I am just too damn broke, lol.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,907
You guys are talking about # 7 ? I have half of that on my car (jeffaome had hacked the bottom part off to fit around stuff with the engine mount in place)

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
#7 isn't even in my car anymore

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,912
Was looking to get out of the house with the wife yesterday and the Teg needed some miles put on her, so we went on a little jaunt up the beach/A1A to find somewhere neat to get lunch..

Takes about 30 mins from the house to get to A1A where you can just lazily cruise along the beach

On the way up, we had to stop on the street to let a local cross

Had no plan or idea where to eat, just basically "drive until we see something cool" and we found it ! (Fuego Del Mar) Despite it being 100 out yesterday, sitting on the 2nd floor of this place allows the ocean breeze to make it bearable and the food was excellent... if in Daytona to St Augustine area, definitely check it out sometime

2nd floor view let's you check out cars going by and what's going on out on the water

Dirty car is dirty, but she ran fine

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Lookin great Z. I look forward to the days again where I can just jump in my teg or whatever nice ride I have and enjoy a decent cruise.

The teg is looking really good thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,916
Needing to shop tires I believe... I've had these RE-11a's for 2 years now and they've been through a Dragon Run and 6-7 track events, it's time for new ones... last track event they started sliding around quite a bit (i went four-tires-off 2x)

think I may just stick with the Direzza line... the newest model is the ZII Star Spec

Looking at TireRack, they have a distribution center that is literally right before the track that we are going to in two weeks.... if i can find somewhere nearby to do it (or even at the track), maybe i'll save myself the $60 shipping charge and pick them up en route

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I'd tell you how they are, but still haven't mounted mine due to suspension stuff. Soon hopefully.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,918
Alright, I just can't cross that hurdle of "only race carz" just yet... while the Teg has all these great track-concentric modifications done to it, it is still a car I'd like to drive around once in a while and it is the "backup" car of the house in case another vehicle is out of service.

So with that said, I worked on a few things tonight that will add to the enjoyment of the car, and yet ultimately will still be removable for the all too precious weight reduction :)

Here is the methanol tank and pump that is all exposed.. I've been afraid to put anything back there because I don't want the hoses to get messed up

I built this panel a few weeks ago *before* i put the tank in place as a replacement cover

So I thought i'd still use the panel, but make a cut out to go around the tank, that way it will still protect the pump, it's wires, and the hoses that carry the goods... took 5 or 6 times to fit, cut, fit some more, cut some more to get it right, but it came out great !

As I am doing this, I am keeping in mind "maybe i can integrate my shallow mount Rockford Fosgate 10" that is doing nothing", so I cut out the holes for the sub in the cover:

I need to build the "box" on the underside of it (don't need much space and woofer is shallow) and then in the end, this will-be-carpeted-in-black panel/box/woofer will be easily removable for track weekends... so I can have good sound AND be able to easily pull it all out as well....

Attachments

5901 - 5920 of 6485 Posts