Team Integra Forums banner

5821 - 5840 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,821
I picked one up yesterday to do some of that myself.... i know i have to wait until right before I bring the car to him so the humidity doesn't rust it all

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,823
hey a Wes sighting !! Thanks for the tips man, it will definitely help me get as much done before I give my car to him

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I second that! I remember seeing your car back in the day loaded down with all latest and greatest technology and audio gadgets. Now look at it... being completely gutted, welded in cage, and a fresh supercharged motor build. This car has had quite the transformation and I'm loving it! Look forward to seeing the cage welded in.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,827 (Edited)
^Lol, yeah I don't post much these days. Mostly just lurking.
It's been really cool to see the evolution of your teg from daily to more track status.

Thanks man... it's been fun for me too.... it's such a great car to work with, i've learned so so much over the years

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,828 (Edited)
I second that! I remember seeing your car back in the day loaded down with all latest and greatest technology and audio gadgets. Now look at it... being completely gutted, welded in cage, and a fresh supercharged motor build. This car has had quite the transformation and I'm loving it! Look forward to seeing the cage welded in.
Coming from you that means a lot !! Your car has always been a great measuring point since the first time i met you (what was that, 2006?). Most of that fancy gadgetry just got moved over to the new truck, i don't need to worry about weighing down that ! lol

What are you gonna do with the Recaros?
1) Cleaning up
2) Selling with hope of recovering the huge expenditure of the rails, harnesses and bar... it's kind of funny when someone gives you something for "free" and it ends up costing an arm and leg to use said item

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,829
Valve seals = all replaced, here's hoping that fixed the smoking-at-starting-car problem, it sure appears that seals were the culprit when three of the seals on the exhaust side were like the one on the right in this picture when I pulled them out (no bueno!):

As is always the case when it comes to engine work, thanks @Jeffaome for being around, he spent some time over after work yesterday to help me get the seals back in and then got the cams in and timing belt all in place

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,831
So some minor updates:

I'm all done prepping for getting the roll bar welded in on Thursday except for removing the headliner, which i'll do today. I used dry ice to start removing sound deadening but that wasn't working good enough, what DID work good enough, great in fact, was a scraper attachment on this $20 tool.

For right now, i only removed the deadening for where the roll bar welds need to be, at some point, way down the road, i'll attempt at getting the rest out of the car. Way down the road lol.

So car still isn't running, I wanted to take a shot at the small oil leak happening from the oil temp sensor, so i got it out of the car and redid the thread tape on all three ports and I also added a plug for the electrical connection while I was at it.

I'm not a fan of reusing the very important valve cover gasket, so I ordered a new one off eBay, for $30 shipped I got that gasket and the spark plug seals, all OEM parts too !

So all I need to do is get the oil temp connection back together and put the distributor and intake tube back on and the car should just fire right up !

Side note and thought this was kind of neat, an update came out for Harry's Lap Timer where it will use my Apple Watch to read and overlay my heart rate while out on track, it'll be fun to see on video an upcoming "oh ****!" corner and see if the heart rate jumps up... sorry, i'm a total gadget freak as well as a car guy lol

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,779 Posts
Looking good, buddy!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,835
- Intake tube: back in place
- Distributor: mounted and wired up
- Oil sensor: put back inline and plugged in

Car: cranked right up... STILL a puff of smoke out the tail pipe... *hopefully* that was just left over oil or something like that, I'm tiring of this...

After running for about 20 seconds, I hear something start to spit/spew and i looked in the engine bay and the hose going into the oil temp sensor was spitting out oil, so now i got to pull all this stuff apart again and investigate... *hopefully* (there is a lot of hope right now!) the hose clamp just dug in to deep and poked a hole in the hose... i sure hope it's something simple/stupid

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I've had the timing belt off and back on, only to be off by one tooth on one side....had to do it all again. It's disheartening. Hopefully it's something simple.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,837 (Edited)
So this hose is what spewed all this oil yesterday... it looked like i dug in and cut the hose by accident when putting the stuff all back together

And I am *all done* cleaning up sound deadening for now, picked up one of these wicked wire wheels yesterday and got the remainder of the goo off... now the car is all ready to have the 6x6" plates welded in place to be the base for the roll bar... I'm looking forward to tomorrow !

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,839
So car is over my friend's house for a few days... going over after work tomorrow to help get things with the roll bar set up... his garage/shop = sweet.... and he has all the toys! (mig, tig, plasma cutter etc)

And back at home.... empty garage is empty

Attachments

5821 - 5840 of 6485 Posts