·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,701

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,703
Yeah... that's the one downside to making the jump to the aftermarket seats.. you need everything lol. there is no half measure.
tic toc, send my CG Lock !! :)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,705 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I love my CG-Lock, but my problem is getting the should part of the belt to lock and prevent me from leaning forward. I can never get the mechanism itself to lock and stay locked.

As for the harness, every time I see someone ask about them, people say to stay away from four points and use five points at the least. This is due to sliding underneath them in a crash. People have actually died because they used four point belts. When you look at the design, it makes sense. When I went around Road America in the Realtime Racing Integra, I was strapped in with a five point harness, and I felt nice and snug. I wouldn't go for anything less.

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
Having wrecked in cars with 3, 5, and 6pt harnesses, I'll go 6pt cam-lok every single time. Faster to egress from (just slap the button and all belts pop free) and the extra anti-sub belt protects the goods if both are properly splayed.

That said, I wouldn't put a 6pt in a car with anything less than a 6pt cage and an up to date FIA certified seat. And I'd never take that car on the street, because I won't get in a car with a cage unless I have a helmet on, and helmets are illegal on the street in cars.

Yep, I'm a safety wonk. Hard core.

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
I've hit my head on a cage and ended up with stitches. And that wasn't even an impact, just a ridealong on the street and a hard corner. Foam or not, if a caged car gets into a street accident, the distribution of forces will be completely different, the crash structures of the car won't work as designed, and the occupants will not be as isolated from the forces as intended. Without a full suite of safety gear working together, the compromises are too great for my engineering brain to abide.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,711
So this will be en route to me soon. I have to call Flexlite again because I forgot what oil cooler sandwich plate outlet was in and which was out, I want to make sure to use this BE piece inline on the "out" line so i get before-oil-passes-through-radiator temperature (right?)

thanks again @integratuner77 , you da man!

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,712
Oil temperatures = acquired! so stoked !!!

Friend of the wife's is hooking me up with some awesomeness for the car, I don't want to get too detailed until I have them in my mitts though

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,713 (Edited)
So @Jeffaome pointed out that "The FIRM" (a track about 90 mins away) has some Subaru event going on this Saturday where the full track day is just $50 (all cars invited)... they are promoting it more as a "test and tune" thing, but regardless, for $50 I can finally put the GSR through her paces and use this day event to shake her down to get ready for next weekend's all-weekend event at Roebling

·
Registered
709 Posts
blargh! i saw that too last night and texted josh about how a good deal it is when it was posted on facebook. If i had more than a couple days notice I would have liked to go, outside of getting my keys programmed on sat I would have been free.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
if i could have gotten the day off i would have loved to go. im a lil jelly

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
That part's machined. A laser sintered part would look rather different.

Here's hoping @integratuner77 will sell those. I'll be in the market for one in the near future I think.
It is indeed CNC'ed. Maybe one day I can start up a company doing this stuff, but for now its just a side hobby and not something that I can do for money. I'm lucky to have access to all the equipment and its just a part of what I do in my daily work.

5701 - 5720 of 6485 Posts