Team Integra Forums banner

5661 - 5680 of 6485 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
@integra_22t, As long as it goes into a line that has hot oil flowing in it, you'll be fine. Make sure you're not hanging that off the block with a sensor attached tho. Isolate that with some hose so the threads don't break off in a year.

@MorningZ, I'd take @integratuner77's offer yesterday!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,665
i am going to be conecting my autometer oil pressure gauge soon and ordered an adaptor to do it like this
I've actually got one of those already, but as Dave points out, at the end of a steel line so the motor vibration doesn't loosen/break it.... but alas, can't get temp readings up the line and to that T

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,667 (Edited)
the type of sensor makes no difference (in fact, if anything, the oil pressure sending unit is typically larger/heavier than oil temp), and don't worry about supporting it, using a steel line to alleviate the pressure off the block is the right way

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,668 (Edited)
The car has an appt with some curves !! Roebling Road at the end of March (details), still working on getting the wife to come (she'd have to switch off a day of work)...

$275 for the weekend which will be more than 5.5 hours of track time ! Giddy up

Excited to put all this work to use !!

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
As long as all goes well you won't be the only teg on the track ;)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,675
Just booked the wife to join the event.... so Sonic the Teg will be getting a double dose of track time

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,677
So back last fall or summer I mentioned I friend of mine gave me a set of RSX rims with some race/auto-x tires on them that still had some life in them.... picked up some 16" rims over the weekend for cheeeeeap on craigslist to use with these..

They are Hankook Ventus Z214 tires

Here are the chrome 5 star 16x7 rims that I picked up on el cheapo

Had a local shop move the tires over (buddy of mine is getting the RSX rims off me)

Now what to do about the (yuck) chrome? Decided to try out Plasti Dip and picked some up at Advanced Auto

And the final result.... I'm a little skeptical that the Plasti Dip will hold up, but heck, worth a try

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,679
Here are a few pics with the driver side rims/tires on the car... yikes, 4x4 y0 !

** grrr, my iPhone roatated this for some odd reason **

Attachments

5661 - 5680 of 6485 Posts