Team Integra Forums banner

5421 - 5440 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,422
still... waiting.... for.... word.... of.... block.... getting.... shipped..... out.... AGGHHHH!!

So now that Christmas shopping has been concluded, I've got a little bit of fund-age to get ready for the putting-car-back-together

Need:

- Head gasket... looks like ~$80 on eBay for OEM one

- Anyone have any comments on
? I'd like to replace the one I had with one a little bigger and get a pull fan into the mix. Was looking at this neat little inline thermostat switch as well.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,425 (Edited)
Block: done (btw full details: CP forged pistons and wrist pins, shot peened OEM rods, ACL Racing bearings all throughout, ARP main bolts, balanced and blueprinted)
Shipping: Monday by some truck service, i may get it Weds or Friday, a week from Monday at latest
Head gasket: ordered

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,428
Im sure i missed it but what compression ratio did you go with? The motor is coming along!
I talked to John @ phearable.net and he suggested I do everything I can to stay under 11:1

So in talking to Rob who has my stuff we were aiming for a set of CP's that would put me near that, but in the end, that would have been a set of pistons custom made (moar expensive, moar longer), so i settled for a set to keep me down in the low 10's

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,429
So the block and clutch are on a truck, should see it Friday, maybe Monday.

SOOOOO much to do before getting this thing back together, I need to finish the wiring (extending wires for driver HID and driver foglamp) and get extra wiring "tucked" for the thermostat and fan that my oil cooler setup will eventually have.

Spent my lunch break today starting to get my header cleaned up YET again... what a freaking mess it is

I've got some stuff planned in the first few weekends of January, so I'm *aiming* for Jan 24th to get the motor back in the car, that gives me a full month to get all the stuff I need to get done before then, including assembling the motor on the stand or picker getting ready for that day.....

Quick little side note, I was looking to put my GSR cams up for sale but a nice surprise today was another member asking me about them over text, so a quick sale to help a brutha out !

Getting...... closer.......

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,431
I don't have the Mocal one.... I've got Flexlite one that has a thermo built in, but if i get a pull fan based radiator, I'd like to have the thermo switch to turn the fan on only when needed

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
May have missed it but be sure to have copper gasket spray when you throw that headgasket on. That's a job you only want to do have to do once!

·
Registered
983 Posts
What is your reason for keeping the abs?
I'd love to ditch mine but aquiring the rs lines and the install is a pain as well is removing sensors and brain.
I don't like abs based off of what I know about its intentional function

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,440
That would be exactly why.... i love being able to brake hard and in a straight line on the track

and tucking the passenger side isn't too helpful is another reason.

I wanted to get the driver side cleaned up more so I have room to adjust belts and what not (as one time at the track I lost an alternator bracket bolt and all that stuff in the way made fixing that issue a miserable experience)

======================

Small updates on the car:

- Engine block is sitting in Orlando right now, confirmed yesterday that it will be delivered to my house Monday early afternoon

- Decided to paint my SMSP a flat black, this will "hide" blemishes/dirtiness (I hope). Still got a few coats to go but it'll come out good I think

Attachments

5421 - 5440 of 6485 Posts