Team Integra Forums banner

521 - 540 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
MorningZ on Oct/07/09 said:
but I am miffed that I seemingly got "profiled", and that really seems to me as the only reason I got pulled over in the first place.....
Man, same thing happened to me in my GSR.

Not speeding, not doing anything wrong. on my way back from work and BAM pulled over for tint being too dark. I didn't know if it was or not since I had JUST gotten the car. Turns out it was perfectly legal. Ultra ****ty for being pulled over for nothing like that.

Sometimes our cars attract too much attention honestly.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
MeltMan on Oct/08/09 said:
Quote: MorningZ on Oct/07/09but I am miffed that I seemingly got "profiled", and that really seems to me as the only reason I got pulled over in the first place.....

Not speeding, not doing anything wrong. on my way back from work and BAM pulled over for tint being too dark. I didn't know if it was or not since I had JUST gotten the car. Turns out it was perfectly legal. Ultra ****ty for being pulled over for nothing like that.

I completely agree. I have dark tint on my car and have been hassled about it a few times, but no tickets actually. There is nothing more annoying than getting pulled over, having the cop overlook your car, then saying they pulled you over for something they found AFTER they pulled you over. talk about profiling. Oh well, what can you do?

·
Super Moderator
7,789 Posts
Quote: MorningZ on Oct/07/09but I am miffed that I seemingly got "profiled", and that really seems to me as the only reason I got pulled over in the first place.....

SAME EXACT thing happened to me on the way to the dragon... David was in front of me in his car, I was behind him... I get pulled over and I was going like 5mph slower (as in 1mph UNDER the speed limit) than David because I KNEW there were cops in that area of the highway. (We were still in TX and an hour into the drive) I too had my front windows down because it was a nice morning, and I get pulled over for no reason other to check the tint. It passed, but he still gave me a warning for no front plate. Fair enough... I never run one.

I think when they pull over people like Casey, you, myself.... they are expecting some beat ass kid with weed on him or something. I guess they're pretty let down when it's an "older" adult.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
chickwithastick on Oct/08/09 said:
I think when they pull over people like Casey, you, myself.... they are expecting some beat ass kid with weed on him or something. I guess they're pretty let down when it's an "older" adult.
Yep.

I cant run without a front plate. I get pulled over instantly.

The police don't bug the guys with Corvettes though. Pretty lame.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
chickwithastick on Oct/08/09 said:
Or, if it's an some beat ass adult with weed on him. ;)

I got pulled over on the highway, guy in front of me was doing like 75-80 in a 65. I was going 65, got pulled over and ticketed for tint.

I have never run a front license plate, and have never been pulled over or ticketed for it. *knocks on wood*
Although, i have gotten a couple parking tickets for having no front plate.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I was pulled over for tint late Thanksgiving night a couple years back.
I figure the cop is looking for someone who has been drinking or something and "profiled" my car.
Cop comes up to window and gives the usual look over. He was rather rude with his approach to me and he didnt need to be. I figure he was pissed he had to work Thanksgiving.

Cop: "You know why I pulled you over?"
Me: "ummm no, not really..."
Cop: "Your tints to dark"
Me: "How can you tell since my windows have been down since I left my friends house, before you saw me?"
Cop: "I can "JUST" tell!" <--- WTF? He must have had a 6th "That Tints To Dark" sense!
Cop: He checks the tint with his little detector and it reads 21% and he says "Well if it was 20% I would give you a ticket. Drive Safe."

Glad I didnt get a ticket but the cop was in the wrong if you ask me.

Sucks you got a ticket for it but as many have said most of us take the risk and get the darker tint. Risk vs Reward gotta weigh your options.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Quote: chickwithastick on Oct/08/09I think when they pull over people like Casey, you, myself.... they are expecting some beat ass kid with weed on him or something. I guess they're pretty let down when it's an "older" adult.

Yep.

I cant run without a front plate. I get pulled over instantly.

The police don't bug the guys with Corvettes though. Pretty lame.
That's it, I'll start a career as a cop and start hassling oNLY corvettes now LoL.
That does suck

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #529
So it's been a while since the Teg has been fired up.... yesterday I found out why....

back on the weekend that i got the ticket mentioned above, i was just getting ready to start my 3.5 hour drive home, when it wouldn't start......battery had juice, security all disarmed, but it was like there was no power going to the starter solenoid when i turned the key....

i happened to be with my parents at the time, and after previously that day telling my dad about the clutch setup i now have, he told me "you get in, me and your mother will push the car, i don't want to deal with your clutch"....so there i am (insert "facepalm" here) in a restaurant parking lot with my retired parents pushing my car across the parking lot.... heh

drove my car all the way home without shutting it down, including topping off the gas with the car running (desperate measures for desperate times), and got it home.....locked it down, covered it up, and would get to it when i get to it

Yesterday I got to it, and right away noticed shattered plastic on the floor.....considering the brake pedal's plastic piece had already shattered in the past (and now has a nut and bolt in place of it) and the lower switch on the clutch pedal (tells the cruise control that the clutch is in/out) also shattered and has the nut and bolt fix too, i looked up at the upper clutch pedal switch, plastic piece was missing, and since this switch is which tells the car it's ok to start because the clutch is in.... i was getting nothing when i turned the key....

Anyone with a rating of 1 through 10 on how much a pain in the ass it would be to take the actual pedal off so i can replace the plastic piece?Looks like a 15 !! hah

So for now it's wired to bypass that switch, and the car is operational again......thanks also to Autozone's line of batteries and their "2 year free replacement", i traded my killed battery that i bought in Jan of 2008, and now have a brand new "gold" one that is the 3 year free replacement model (they stopped carrying the red one, hence the n/c upgrade)

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Removing the pedal?

Take off the 2 bolts for the master cylinder, remove the pin from the master cylinder, then look straight up from the floor and above the clutch interlock switch is one last bolt. Then the pedal comes right out as a nice unit.

When you did the CMC you were 2 plugs and one bolt away from dropping the whole pedal assembly.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
The clutch pedal isn't hard at all to take off/put on. When I swapped the manual transmission into my car this past year, that was the easiest pedal to do. If I remember right, the only thing holding the clutch pedal on is those 2 bolts that are also holding the CMC to the firewall. Take those off and it should pop right out. Now the brake pedal, that is a 15!

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
IntegraCF21 on Nov/16/09 said:
The clutch pedal isn't hard at all to take off/put on. When I swapped the manual transmission into my car this past year, that was the easiest pedal to do. If I remember right, the only thing holding the clutch pedal on is those 2 bolts that are also holding the CMC to the firewall. Take those off and it should pop right out. Now the brake pedal, that is a 15!
You forgot to put in the last bolt then, on the top of the pedal assembly. Plays a big role in pedal feel.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #533
Ah good... i was concerned i'd have to deal with that dreaded "assist spring" in the diagram above....

btw, happy birthday Lance

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
MeltMan on Nov/16/09 said:
Quote: IntegraCF21 on Nov/16/09The clutch pedal isn't hard at all to take off/put on. When I swapped the manual transmission into my car this past year, that was the easiest pedal to do. If I remember right, the only thing holding the clutch pedal on is those 2 bolts that are also holding the CMC to the firewall. Take those off and it should pop right out. Now the brake pedal, that is a 15!

You forgot to put in the last bolt then, on the top of the pedal assembly. Plays a big role in pedal feel.
No, I just checked and I got that bolt in too. I was just going off my (bad) memory. lol

And thanks, Steve.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #536
Perfect! just went out the the car see now see that the whole GD thing comes out with those 3 bolts...... can't wait to get this fixed, i don't like having stuff like that bypassed

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #537
So I'm out driving the Teg today.... stopped and washed it at one of those coin-op places.... then headed to the grocery store for some stuff, i'm like 8 feet from an employee there stocking shelves.. another employee runs, and i mean RUNS up to this guy near me and starts talking about "this hot looking purple Integra out in the parking lot"...

despite the "purple" description, i laughed out loud a bit and told the guy who ran up that this was my car he was talking about...i of course got the obligatory "what's done to it, is it fast??"... lol

good to know she's still "got it"

Spending today fixing thee damn pedals, i picked up three replacement nipple/grommet thingies (Honda part # 46505-SA5-000) for the clutch and brake switches...

after that i'll be mounting and wiring up a trickle charger into the car so when it's going to be a while before i really drive it again, i can drop a power cord outside to the car for an afternoon to keep the battery up...

as time/daylight permits, I'm going to finally tackle replacing the window track seal on the passenger door... i've had this damn part for like 2 years now, it's time to dust off the helms manual and get it done !!

here's a pic of the car as she sits right now

Time to get to work !

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #540
babyboy53190 on Jan/02/10 said:
Well done, i heard stories of your luck with your car, Iwork with paul, small world....lol
ah yes, many many stories with me, Paul, and Integras.. heh heh

521 - 540 of 6485 Posts