Team Integra Forums banner

5221 - 5240 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I've also decided instead of just "replace the block with newer version of itself" that it is also going to be "replace block with intent of getting more horsepower out of it", so let the games begin !

I'm very interested to see what kind of power you squeeze out of the pending build. Are you planning to increase the compression and/or displacement? What numbers are you aiming for?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,222
Hoping to get up into the 270 range (at 244 now) by bumping up compression and some cams....

still in "research" mode and figuring out how high comp I can go with the 10 lbs of boost from the Jackson

this page that @Jeffaome sent me has been fun to mess with

Honda B-Series Compression Calculator by ZealAutowerks

·
Super Moderator
14,172 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,226
It looks like it may be Saturday morning before I get to looking at it.... and then i'll get the bumper and hood and maybe the fenders and axles off the car

for now, she sits in timeout

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
sorry to hear what happen to your motor or may have happen. i was in the same boat less then a year ago so i know how you feel bro. right now i need to find out where my water is disappearing to with my new motor and its not in the oil.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,228
Meh, it's alright..... I was already planning on the build stuff anyways, now the schedule is just moved up.....

my only fear is something in the head is messed up (chances? probably not much, but still chance)... block, pistons, etc on the bottom end... it was already set to replace anyways

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
can i do it with no way to hold oil in the car ?
Just screw the plates back on (or just the oil filter onto the block, think like "stock"), and check your dip-stick Jimmy. You will need to run the car to operating temp. to do a "hot" compression test.. I suppose you can do it cold but the numbers will be lower.

However, I don't know if compression is even your biggest worry here. Spun/burned bearings/journals would be the damage, if there is any.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Do you have any idea how long you drove before you turned the engine off? Did you see a drop in oil pressure? I fear the worst - oil starved....but if you're rebuilding, it's not as catastrophic as it could be.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,235
when it first happened i drove maybe 1/4 mile before shutting down.... once back in the paddock, I retightened the filter (and as a result the sandwich plates down) before putting 4 qts of oil back in, hoping for just enough life to drive up on the trailer

once car was started, a few of those 4 qts spewed out so i shut down just about right away... i don't recall any weird sounds like a spun bearing could do....

since that time, the car hasn't done anything but sit..... at some point before end of weekend i'll get all up to my elbows in oil and try to diagnose

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
You may have survived. I sure hope so regardless of your intent to rebuild. At least the car can still be driven until then.

Best of luck. Hope she's ok.

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
I'm hoping that the oil pressure blew by the seals on the plates when then were only hand tight (and a greasy hand at that I bet). Otherwise, you have a broken hose or worse to worry about.

I'm really hoping it was just greasy hands not getting a 40psi proof seal done.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,240
I don't know yet.... tomorrow morning i'll be digging in....

and all 4 qts didn't blow out, i'm not sure how much did or didn't, but it wasn't that much I think

5221 - 5240 of 6485 Posts