Team Integra Forums banner

5181 - 5200 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,181
Alrighty then !! Just picked up the trailer from Ed's house and it's all ready to go.....

So here is the front of the trailer with all the stuff on it..
- Winch in place by a hitch pin
- New trailer jack
- Sway bar mount moved back to give more travel as suggested by @knavekid

He had some steel diamond plate around, so he added some extra supports where the front wheels go as well as 2" steel frame right under where the wheels will rest....

He suggested that I *try* to slap some paint on the trailer this weekend so the steel won't rust... I'll see what I can wrangle up to do that

All this has me that much more excited for next weekend !!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,184 (Edited)
Looks sturdy enough! Improving the trailer you are (yoda voice) Deff paint the trailer for a brand new look!!
Yeah, i just picked up an airless sprayer at Harbor Freight.... so i'll give painting it a try this weekend.... (i needed something like this to paint the new shed too)

so down the rabbit hole I continue !!

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,186
So as I have been going through parts and stuff from the garage I have been wondering in the back of the my head:

Should I build up the block better/stronger than stock and push the motor a little harder?

I'm not sure what else I could do to squeeze some more horses out of my Jackson setup, but if I can gain more powa from building up the block differently, I'd be foolish to not at least look into it

·
Registered
664 Posts
So as I have been going through parts and stuff from the garage I have been wondering in the back of the my head:

Should I build up the block better/stronger than stock and push the motor a little harder?

I'm not sure what else I could do to squeeze some more horses out of my Jackson setup, but if I can gain more powa from building up the block differently, I'd be foolish to not at least look into it
How fast you willing to spend? lol

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I would say type r cams and a some 10.5:1 pistons and a set of beefy rods would "future proof" the motor quite a bit. An lht setup for the supercharger would be a step in tbe right direftion as well. Or a cooler for the meth. I always worry about intake temps with the supercharger.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,190
Trailer = complete !!

the HF airless painter I picked up worked GREAT... couldn't be more happier with the outcome.... The wife had at the actual act of spraying, I was at the pump holding the hose out of the way of her moving around and making a big ol' mess !! took longer to clean us up than it did to actually paint, lol

after painting, it decided to pour buckets a little more than an hour later... thankfully the paint was tacky enough by then that the rain wasn't a problem.

While it was raining I needed something to do, so I swapped my track wheels/tires onto the car..... giddy freaking up !!

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,192
no, that's just the main support for the trailer and has the wiring run down it as well....

I *may* need a roller thing at the back side of the trailer for the cable to run over for the winch, but I won't know until I can give it a test run of use (which I will on Thurs when I wrap up packing up for the trip to VIR)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,196
yup... have had them on the car for years now..... no probs....

===========

so trying to talk myself in or out of maybe trying to get this rear main seal replaced before the weekend.....

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,197
So talked myself out of doing any major work to Teg before the trip.....

was raining all day today, so didn't really get to do much of any prep for the weekend (like for instance, i gotta pull out the stereo system from the Teg) but I did leverage the garage to change out all the brake pads on the truck.... mo betta braking in place for the tow up and down

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I wonder if these would hold up on the track? this would be some great "real time" information to have

Sears.com

I'm a little late on this but there is a pretty decent solution to keep these from backing off. Saw this as part of another TPMS being sold:

As you can see, it is actually supposed to be the world's worst anti-theft system but I'm pretty sure something very similar would work as a locking system. As far as the danger aspect, I have seen a few systems that replace your review mirror and have the tire pressures in the corner. Once you got used to it, checking tires pressure wouldn't be much more dangerous than glancing in your rear view mirror.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,199
Ready to head out to VIR!! leaving as early as possible in the morning... gotta avoid Raleigh Friday rush hour traffic (which is TERRIBLE)

Gave the Teg/trailer another test drive, i was doing a touch over 70 with zero swaying going on... that sway kit = awesome !

Attachments

5181 - 5200 of 6485 Posts