Team Integra Forums banner

5141 - 5160 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,141
Those tires look rad! Have you tried this model tire before?
i haven't... the only set of "extreme summer performance" tires I've ever bought are the Direzza ZII's, which i loved, but these R11's were on sale, so thought I'd give them a whirl

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,143
Tires = at tire shop right now getting put on my track rims

Picture frame = Hobby Lobby was nice enough to let me exchange the frame, so no more broken glass.... now i just have to decide where it's going to hang !

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
How has the paint been holding up? I know you redid it after the last mount/balance messed the finish up. I've heard mixed things about track wheels and paint, given that the rim is the heatsink for the brakes.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,147
I never did redo the paint after last mount/bounce.... i took the "**** it, because racecar" line, lol

·
Registered
711 Posts
when you ran the ZIIs, what size tire did you select? The 195/55 or 205/50 version? Interested to hear your thoughts on both tires, I went with the RE-11A just to be on the safe side for the rain performance since I drive my integra at least twice a week to work and the local firestone at the time was priced competitively with tire rack.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,152
And I loved the ZII's (they STUCK) but didn't want to spend the extra $120 this round of tires

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,153 (Edited)
Mmmmmmm...... treadz......

So one thing I am scratching my head on why my ZII's fit fine up on my home made tire rack with my 5th 17" Motegi wheel but these RE-11a's don't.... they are both 205/50R15....

WTF?

Keeping my eyes out for 2 or 4 15" rims that I can slap two of the ZII's on so I'd have "emergency track tires" on hand..... they can even be steelies

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
You could have someone rebarrel the stock wheels by adding an inch in the middle, but that's a lot of welding and refinishing, plus the need for a 13mm spacer to correct the offset.

As for the emergency track wheels @MorningZ, Tire Rack sells 15x6 and 15x7 in 4x100 +25 and +38 respectively.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
My blades are for sale if your interested. I could take off the tires and we might be able to work out some type of deal.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,158
Unfortunately I think they are out of my price range right now....

I was scrounging around Craigslist for hopefully $100 the set out the door....

these will hopefully never even see time on the car, they are simply so I'll have an emergency set of tires in case something goes astray at the track...

·
Registered
711 Posts
a few fat fives, meshies seem to go cheap on several central florida facebook honda classifieds pages from time to time, just a pain to sort through all the crap that goes on there

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Unfortunately I think they are out of my price range right now....

I was scrounging around Craigslist for hopefully $100 the set out the door....

these will hopefully never even see time on the car, they are simply so I'll have an emergency set of tires in case something goes astray at the track...
:thumbs_up:

There was a set of 15" black slipstreams for sale on craigslist here for $100, so deals are out there!

5141 - 5160 of 6485 Posts