Team Integra Forums banner

4821 - 4840 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,822
So looking at my next purchase, which is to go all out on the shifter set up. With that much adjustability I am confident I can get the right feel/location for all gears for both myself and my wife driving the car as I plan on letting her drive lots at the Dragon plus any future track events (we DEFINITELY want to get back to Road Atlanta)

IPGParts is pretty close to me and they are a large K-Tuned dealer, but it would cost me almost $30 more to get from there once tax is factored in, so I'll order from JHP and wait to save that $$

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,824
James from there at IPG was at one track event I went to back in March, his white ITR's distributer blew up on the track... next time he went with that car to that track, it spun a bearing... such a bummer :-(

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,826
So spent some time yesterday getting the car all cleaned up

Plans changed for me this weekend where I had a day to look for something enjoyable for me to do, so Saturday I'm going to head down to Palm Beach Int'l Speedway (formally "Moroso") for a track day. Was going to head back to The FIRM, but I've already been there twice and a friend told me about a group that tracks down there, so I'm headed down that way to this track I've never done before (but always have, even when I lived down south). So started gathering needed stuffs

Attachments

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Are you going g to occc this weekend? I was trying to make it out but still haven't gotten my tires mounted :/

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,832
Are you going g to occc this weekend? I was trying to make it out but still haven't gotten my tires mounted :/
OCCC = auto x there in Orlando? Nope... I've kind of taken to track days over Auto X.... more money I know, a good chunk more, but there is just something about the track that feels so much better

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Mmmmm. Once I get settled I definitely want to move up to track. Just too broke at the moment. What is the average track day costing you not including travel?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,834 (Edited)
Track days vary big time depending on who is throwing the event, but generally between $200 and $400 for registration. Travel also obviously can vary big time, but so far all I've done I've always camped which is free or $5-ish

- NASA Southeast: definitely my favorite group as their events are well run and organized and generally the best value

- Chin Motorsports: LOTS of events at many different tracks, but expensive. With that cost they do promise the most seat time of any other group (and that's what it's all about!)

- Performance Driving Group: was just told about these guys, track selection is pretty limited, but still an option (this is the group for Saturday's PBIR event)

- Hooked on Driving: another Florida based group

- Just Track It: a group someone I met at Road Atlanta mentioned... lots of ATL-based event (i hear Roebling is fun!)

- Turn 1: a group based solely out of Carolina Motorsports Park up in SC. A great track to learn on for sure as it's pretty straight forward but still exciting to drive. I like this group despite the long drive because they offer mixed car/bike events once in a while so the wife and I can go to an event together. Next time we go, I definitely want to do a weekend event instead of just one day

- The FIRM (click the yellow "Road Course" button): a good number of "open" track days that are as open as it gets. No classifications, no schedule, just "the gate is open, go drive", which is very very cool on one hand, but bad to learn on the other hand... but no better way to get as much time behind the wheel as possible

And to put ALL these together (as well as other groups and AutoX clubs and stuff), this site is awesome:

- Motorsports Reg: sign up for an account, go to "My Account", "Edit My Information", and under "Club Memberships" press "Edit Clubs" to add as many clubs that you wish to track. It's nice to have all the options together in one spot !

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
That's extremely helpful

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,837
Well, this will be my 4th event here in 2014 with:

- first being an event that I paid good $$ for (The FIRM is on expensive side for one day) but only got 5 or so laps in before my alternator bolt/couldn't-find-replacement-SC-belt issue ending my day

- the second (CMP) was a loooong drive for a 1 day event (don't get me wrong though, it was fun as heck)

- the third (Road Atlanta) went like this for me (wife got most of her track time in thankfully):
---- first session: i sucked because I was a nervous wreck between all the work done to the car being untested, new track, new instructor, being a n00b in intermediate meant a lot of cars up behind me
---- second session: SOOOOOOO much better, but only lasted 3 laps before a wrecked mustang meant end of session
---- third: killer session
---- fourth: came in early, like 1 or two laps in, because of the wheel hub/bearing issue

so while the quantity of track time has been there for the taking, my car was being uncooperative...

Saturday's gig will be five sessions lasting 25 mins each with an end-of-day 40 min free-for-all session (mix of all groups, i think it's even open passing)

fingers crossed that the car will take the 3 hr drive down, ALL that track time, and the 3 hr drive home.... both the car and myself deserve Saturday to go smooth !!! (please please please car gods!!)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,838 (Edited)
Thanks to (relentless) bugging all day by myself, echlon, jeffaome and hungry718 we have convinced K2sTeg98 to hit the track tomorrow !

Resistance is useless !!!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,839 (Edited)
Got to run a few hours on the track today.... only issue was dealing with:
(1) oil temp issues: 250 on the track.... it *may* have been because it was so damn humid today, not sure yet

(2) one of the studs for the oil pan fell out at some point... replaced with a bolt

(3) ****ing asshole "advanced" people ruining two of the intermediate sessions. who let them run with us I have no idea but these jackasses were using their rules (pass at will) instead of what they were SUPPOSED to do (wait for point). It was so frustrating I asked, and got, permission to run with the novices for my final session

Few quick pics from on track , will post more later

Was sooooo close to spinning out right here and I saved it

4821 - 4840 of 6485 Posts